Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!

Heres my story, a few months ago, my Capitol One credit card was used by someone in Mexico. I got the account locked up, they did an investigation and I was clear. Apparently, between the time they did the investigation and when my account was closed, I had accumulated around 29 dollars in charges. They never did send me a new card and account number so today I got a 30 day past due notice on my credit report. Now my question is a) does that past due report screw up my credit score and b) if I call capitol one will they be able to resolve this. I just don't want my credit score tanked over something not of my doing. Anyone dealth with C O before? How are they. Any info is appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!

Generally we are finding that when dealing with CrapOne, as we affectionately call them, mood music is best.  So whip out the Marvin Gaye, turn off the lights and light some candles, be ready with the massage oil tooSmiley Very Happy.

Now, what you need to explain is that you were never informed that you would be responsible for continuing to make payments on an account under investigation and if you had been told to do so, you would have been happy to make the payment. Then kindly ask them to remove the charge. And also ask what is the status of the account, is it closed? what's going on? You need to know.

And yes, 30 days late negatively affects your score.  Depending on what your score was before.  Someone on here lost 70+ points for ONE 30 day late. 

ATB! And remember the mood musicSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

stop it trini, you are turning me on.

trinigal wrote:
Generally we are finding that when dealing with CrapOne, as we affectionately call them, mood music is best.  So whip out the Marvin Gaye, turn off the lights and light some candles, be ready with the massage oil tooSmiley Very Happy.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:

Dog, what can I say....it's friday nightSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

trinigal wrote:

dog wrote:

Dog, what can I say....it's friday nightSmiley Wink

Careful.... we don't want this gal upset! Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is one UGLY picture!!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call them? I would. I had a Cap1 that was used fraudulantly and they took good care of me. Of course I'm really, really cute.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.