cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

blackswan22 wrote:
Im on hold with them how. Does equifax keep aa record of my old credit report they have mailed to me?

Do you know your state's SOL? If no, what state are you in? By chance did you live in another state when you defaulted?
Message 21 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

Ok so I just got off the phone with Afni and let me tell you even if I called with every intension of being the sweetest person in the world their attitude was so stink that I caught an attitude as well.

The date opened on my credit report is 12/2003 which is not when I opened the account its the date Afni took over the account. On my credit report there is no date for date major delinquency first reported.

The %476% (sorry guys she really took me there) told me that the Date major delinquency first report was 03/2001 and that Afni took over the account 12/2003. I asked for the manager think I would get more info. Nope waste of time. He told me the same which is fine, this means 3/1/08 this sucka drops off but I wanted something in writing stating the 3/1/2001 date. They told me they could not do that and that the credit bureau already has this date. If they already have this date why isnt it on my report?

So should I now write Equifax  or should I wait until 3/08? This balance is almost $2000 so I am looking forward to it dropping off.

Everything else I will pay and do pfd's

Sounds good guys?

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

I Live in Fl now and when I defaulted why?

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were you I would send a DV letter to them I dont think they will be able to validate. By the way NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER speak to a CA over the phone only in writing.
Message 24 of 45
fused
Moderator Emeritus

blackswan22 wrote:
I Live in Fl now and when I defaulted why?

Always know your statue of limitations. This collection with Afni is past your states SOL. What this means is they can try and sue you but your defense in court will be just that, it's past SOL. It's very unlikely Afni would win. Did you call the CRA and find out when your default date was?
Message 25 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

Yes my default date was 03/01/2001

where does that leave me? Ok, so they cant sue me THANK GOD and win atleast but as of March it would be 7 years. Will it drop off?

Message 26 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

So since i live in FL the SOL is 5 years for written and 4 for oral. How do i know what falls under what? And this just mean if they sue me I can possibly win by claiming the SOL has passed?

Message 27 of 45
fused
Moderator Emeritus

blackswan22 wrote:
Yes my default date was 03/01/2001

where does that leave me? Ok, so they cant sue me THANK GOD and win atleast but as of March it would be 7 years. Will it drop off?

Leave it be! It's only a few months to wait. I would NOT DV Afni. This collection is so old it might not be hurting you as much as you think.
Message 28 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

I wasnt going to DV them I wasnt going to do anything with Afni but wait until 4/1/08 and verify it has been updated to the credit bureaus. My other accounts except the car from 2003 are the things I'm going to really focus on

Message 29 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

I want to thank everyone. I was feeling very very low and ever since joining, posting and reading everyones posts and responses i feel a ton better!!

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.