cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

tag
blackswan22
New Contributor

Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

Ok guys, as you all know I just recently joined the forum and I feel so stupid for not joining sooner. I've had this service since February!! No sense in crying over the past. The point is Im here now and Im ready to make whatever changes needs to be made.

I pulled my credit report yesterdat via equifax, below is a listing. Please help me in reagrds to the best approach I should take to somehow get from under the grey cloud called bad credit.

Revolving Accounts:

Capital One    date opened 02/2000    balance $0    Date reported 06/2006    Past Due $0    Stat. Charge Off      Date closed 08/2001  Activity Descrip. Paid

Household Credit Services  date opened 10/2004     balance $535      date reported 11/2007          past due $535      Stat. Charge off          Date of Last payment 10/2007           Date of major delinquency first reported 09/2007   Charge off amount $260           Activity Descrip. closed
For this account can I pay it in full and on the check have a disclosure that reads"upon cashing this check the payee agrees to remove account from all three credit reports?" y bank sent me a check with a disclosure and if I cashed the check it meant I agreed to their terms of some program and would be signed up for a year. If banks can use this method why cant I? And why is the charge off amount NOT the entire balance? Does that mean something?

Other Accounts

Closed Accounts

Afni Inc     Sprint PCS      Date Opened 12/2003        Balance $1936          Date reported 05/2006 Account stat N/A          DOLA N/A             charge off amount $0        Type of account:  Open
This account doesnt seem right. I believe I opened this account in 1999 or 2000 and it charged off in 2001. Can these guys change the dates? What should I do?

I also have a car loan that show up under negative accounts because I went 30 days late and 60 days late in 2003. I paid this car loan off 2 years in advance.  Date opened 11/2000   DOLP 11/2003    Activity Paid and Closed     Type of Loan Auto    High Credit 14, 886

How do I get these baddies removed? Where do I even begin?

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 12-14-2007 07:17 AM

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 12-14-2007 07:28 AM

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 12-14-2007 07:30 AM

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 12-14-2007 07:31 AM

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 12-14-2007 08:02 AM

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

Take care of the past due ASAP

Be VERY careful using a restrictive endorsement -
Read up on them and read your account disclosures and state laws before thinking about this-
You also might need to send it to an alternate address-

On Afni Inc
Call the CRA and ask what the DOFD/DOLA is-

This information is required to place a CA on your CR.
DOFD is what TU and EX use to remove the acct
DOLA is what EQ uses.

The 30 days late and 60 days late in 2003 - are not hurting you- After you get the other stuff fixed- try a GW letter.
Message 2 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

But for the charge off with Household how is it it isnt the full balance charged off?

Message 3 of 45
Boswd
Valued Contributor

First off

what type on an account was Household Services?   Credit card? Loan?   This will help in determining why certain balances don't match, usually because of interest and fee's.

For your second question about putting on a stipulation upon cashing this check you agree to remove from the Credit Report.   Well you most certainly can put it on there, and who knows they just may delete, but don't expect any legal recourse or look to have Credit Burs. back you up if they don't.   Since they would be in violation of their agreement to the Credit Reporting Agencies.    I think you would have better luck with a regualr Pay For Delete letter.   And if they don't try again and if they just don't budge on it,  just pay it off.   So keep that money in a sock drawer so you have it to pay it off.   Because once you start playing hardball with them and they don't budge they will start playing hardball with you so just have that money ready to pay in either case.

For the Capital One, well it's paid, which is always a good thing,  you can try a GW letter to see if they will remove, again with Cap One don't expect miracles but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so it's always worth a shot.

You're Sprint one is a bit weird, I'm not understanding why the charge off is listed as $0 but have a balance due .   But if you know the debt is accuarate and you're not looking to get out of it on a technicallity, then it doesn't matter.   You can dispute it but that may do more harm than good because they will just put in the correct amount.   So I wouldn't touch it, some others who disagree will chime in and you can go from there.

As far as not agreeing about the date opened,  2000 and 2003 are not that far off so just be sure that you did open the account but if you have proof such as cancelled checks to them or credit card statemenst that reflect payment to them in and  around 1999 and 2000 that will go a long way to prove the date opened aspect.   If you don't have them  your bank and your credit card company can supply them for you , usually with a fee for their research work.   I think I've heard with banks it can run from around $50 to $75.   Also that date isn't the one you should be overly concerned with, the date that should is the date of your first deliquency that led to the charge off.   That's the date that determines your SOL and your Credit Reporting time.

Message 4 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

For the sprint the amount owed is correct but its going to be almost 7 years, doesnt it drop off?

For household it was a credit card account. Should I send them a PFD letter?

For the Sprint Should i agree to setup payment arrangement in return for a deletion? Does anyone know if Afni usually accepts PFD?

SO the capital One cahrge off isnt hurt me? If removed it would help my score any?

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would dispute the Capone status-
It can't be charged to profit and loss if it was paid-

Removing it w/ the other stuff going on would probably drop your score.
Message 6 of 45
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Capital One    date opened 02/2000    balance $0    Date reported 06/2006    Past Due $0    Stat. Charge Off      Date closed 08/2001  Activity Descrip. Paid

Try sending GWs as mentioned before. In any case, it should disappear by next summer.

Household Credit Services  date opened 10/2004     balance $535      date reported 11/2007          past due $535      Stat. Charge off          Date of Last payment 10/2007           Date of major delinquency first reported 09/2007   Charge off amount $260           Activity Descrip. closed
For this account can I pay it in full and on the check have a disclosure that reads"upon cashing this check the payee agrees to remove account from all three credit reports?" y bank sent me a check with a disclosure and if I cashed the check it meant I agreed to their terms of some program and would be signed up for a year. If banks can use this method why cant I? And why is the charge off amount NOT the entire balance? Does that mean something?

Try a PFD. Looks like the org. debt was $260 and $275 or so got tacked on as fees, interest, etc. I'm not one to settle accounts, so I would send a PFD for 100% of the debt owed. There are great examples on this forum.

Other Accounts

Closed Accounts

Afni Inc     Sprint PCS      Date Opened 12/2003        Balance $1936          Date reported 05/2006 Account stat N/A          DOLA N/A             charge off amount $0        Type of account:  Open
This account doesnt seem right. I believe I opened this account in 1999 or 2000 and it charged off in 2001. Can these guys change the dates? What should I do?

AFNI is fun to deal with. I bet that if you were to send a DV, they'd write back and say simply that they verify it. The date opened here is the date AFNI took over the account. However, it should also disappear in 2008. Figure out when you were first late. If you were deliquent starting in early 2001, then it may be best to leave it alone. It is highly probable that if you DV it, they'll start coming after you.

I also have a car loan that show up under negative accounts because I went 30 days late and 60 days late in 2003. I paid this car loan off 2 years in advance.  Date opened 11/2000   DOLP 11/2003    Activity Paid and Closed     Type of Loan Auto    High Credit 14, 886

You are probably OK on these lastes. They are old and likely don't factor into your scores. Try a GW anyway. It won't hurt.

How do I get these baddies removed? Where do I even begin

Also, don't forget about your SOL in your state (links are everywhere on this forum). Even if a debt disappears, the OC or CA could still sue you. Also, if you dispute via DV and/or CRA, they will come after you. One thing I learned here is if you DV, always be prepared to pay the debt.
Message 7 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

But how would Afnai drop off in 2008? If they are showing a date of 2003 isnt it 7 years after that it drops off?

I will do all that you suggested. Thank you all and keep the suggestions coming!

Message 8 of 45
Boswd
Valued Contributor

blackswan22 wrote:
For the sprint the amount owed is correct but its going to be almost 7 years, doesnt it drop off?

For household it was a credit card account. Should I send them a PFD letter?

For the Sprint Should i agree to setup payment arrangement in return for a deletion? Does anyone know if Afni usually accepts PFD?

SO the capital One cahrge off isnt hurt me? If removed it would help my score any?

negatives items do drop off after 7.5 years but this is 7.5 years from the date of your delquency that led to the charge off not from the date the account was opened so you need to find that date out and then take it from there.

You should always at least try a PFD, the worst is that they don't budge, you are no worse off then before, again it's the same thing nothing to lose but everything to gain.   But you just have to know when to when if they don't budge, for one - every month that goes by more interest and fee's will continue to apply and two at least IMHO, if you have the money to get rid of the debt is to just do it and get it done and over with and move on with your life.

The Cap One with a charge off is hurting you.   It hurts less and less as time goes on.  If removed it can be a double edge sword because if you had a great payment history before the charge off you will lose that established credit history if the account is removed.   But  if the account is filled with 30 days 60 days  even before the string of lates that led to the charge off then that would be a good thing.  Since the negatives are outweighing the postives.    
Message 9 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

blackswan22 wrote:
But how would Afnai drop off in 2008? If they are showing a date of 2003 isnt it 7 years after that it drops off?

I will do all that you suggested. Thank you all and keep the suggestions coming!

If you read through this forum you will see that AFNI reages accounts.  They did this to me and several others on the website.  I complained to every authority imaginable.  I am about to send a letter to all of the top people at the major credit bureaus about this illegal act. 
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.