cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

tag
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Here Are The Items From My Credit Report...

They've given you some awesome advice, I was in the same place you were when I first joined, but now I feel much better about the outcome of my credit situation. I'm like you not looking to "get over", so what can be helped will, what doesn't pay to do won't and folks can view that as immoral or "bad", but at least I'm being honest. I've learned from my mistakes and have no plans of shafting creditors for their money now or in the future. When I was younger I was just dumb, but with age comes lessons, even those learned the hard way.
Message 31 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

I agree, I was 19 when I was doing all this foolishness. Its no excuse but with age Ive have learned and matured. Luckily I have been able to get two cars and so on but I feel when im ready to buy a house I dont want what I did before even having a real job will hanging over my head. I'm not being immoral Im being realistic. If I could pay what I REALLY owed it would be no problem but some crditors add hundreds of hundreds of dollars in fees which makes the end balance very high. Is that moral of them .Im not here for anyone to tell me what is moral and what is not. I;m here to help others not follow in my shoes and follow in the shoes of those you have made the change. POINT BLANK. We are here to help each other not to judge. ALL of us have or had credit issues or we would be here.

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulation Swan and Welcome.  you are going to get great advice from everyone who has already been there.

Word of advice. Keep copies of your old files.  I believe Exp even gives you a date scheduled to be removed.  This s just incase AFNI does try to reage on you, you will have a hardcopy and can say naner, naner, naner and then turn them over to the FTC with copies.

You are on the right road and it sems like a haul when you start but at the end it will be well worth it.
Message 33 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 34 of 45
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Who on here was judging you?     From what I read from others and from what I gave out for advice it seemed like we were telling you what was and what was not hurting you, how to proceed, other's told you to watch out for Afini etc.

I didn't see any post about you not be moral.
Message 35 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

It was sent via private message and another was sent in another post I made yesterday its ok. Im not going to let anyone or anything get in my way :-)

Message 36 of 45
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Oh  Ok
Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi swan, welcome I'll see what I can do. Always ask as many questions as you need!!!!

As BRAMMY told you  KEEP all hard copies of your CR....you might need it 10 years from now!!!!

I always advise people to know their SOL before doing anything with their CR. something as little as a dispute can cause trouble.

You are in FL   and your SOL for CC (open accounts) is 4 years from DOLA.......signed contract is 5 years....

Capital One    date opened 02/2000    balance $0    Date reported 06/2006    Past Due $0    Stat. Charge Off      Date closed 08/2001  Activity Descrip. Paid

This is a CO    did you pay it  or is that just the way it shows?      If you didn't pay it  you are past SOL and DOFD would have to be before 8/2001  NOW if at anytime that you made any payment od any amount AFTER it was closed  you would have restarted your SOL (not CRTP)
   This should drop from your CR at the end of 2008 or beginning od 09.

Look at your TU or EX CR....look for -will remain on your CR until month/year

Household Credit Services  date opened 10/2004     balance $535      date reported 11/2007          past due $535      Stat. Charge off          Date of Last payment 10/2007           Date of major delinquency first reported 09/2007   Charge off amount $260           Activity Descrip. closed

Household is very hard to deal with!!  Because this is new.  The reporting doesn't look right either.
When did you stop paying???   If your last payment was in 2007 get ready to pay in full..........DO NOT TOUCH IT  until you have the money to pay.....I don't think that they will accept a PFD.

looks like you owe $535.00 in late payments it doesn't show Bal.

IF you owe more then this $535   and you pay it....you start your SOL over for the rest of the amount owed.

Afni Inc     Sprint PCS      Date Opened 12/2003        Balance $1936          Date reported 05/2006 Account stat N/A          DOLA N/A             charge off amount $0        Type of account:  Open

call sprint and ask  they should be able to pull by your name or phone # if you remember it (even SS#)
    ask if they can send you account history. What every they have.....you are looking for date of your last payment.

The date opened would mean the date that the CA received assignment or bought the debt. Most are junk buyers & will lie about everything.

IF Sprint has no records or CAN give you a last payment date.....DV the CA   CMRRR
            NEVER TALK TO A CA ON THE PHONE!!!

As to the car loan....you can send a GW  BUT I wouldn't....this is an old late pmt. it isn't hurting you very much if at all.........sometimes a GW turns into a deletion......once deleted you can't get it back and this will be a good TL.

If you need a DV letter let me know.

ALSO   check to see if this CA is allowed to collect in Fl.  many are not.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 12-14-2007 05:24 PM
Message 38 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE

On writing something on the back of the check, that's a restrictive endorsement. State laws and caselaw vary a LOT, but by and large it's not a useful exercise. I've read a lot of B.S. stories online about REs, but by and large I find these stories to be B.S. and there's nothing credible one can find to support them.

If writing "paid in full" on a check fulfills a debt, then I'd write it on the back of my mortgage payment and the house would be mine, free and clear. Obviously, that ain't gonna fly.

However, even if you live in a state where REs are rock solid under law, the payee can electronically submit the check, and your RE won't matter--unless the check is drawn on a bank or CU that uses routing numbers on their checks which cannot be submitted electronically. It's not commonplace, but it's out there.

AFNI

On the AFNI collection, if you know with certainty it was CO in 2001, then FL SOL is either 4 or 5 years, and either way you are out from under the SOL on it. If you aren't sure, then odds are probably good it is still under SOL--Murphy's Law and all.

Some people are very skittish about DVing a CA out of fear it will evolve a lawsuit. Me personally, I have a sh*t or get off the pot attitude. I'd rather know, one way or another. If the collection is bogus, and the CA knows it, then DVing them will make 'em go away because they know they don't really own the debt. OCs are notorious for selling and reselling debts to different CAs in effort to get it collected. AFNI might at one time have legitimately held it, but no more. Only way to find out is to DV them.

Car Loan

Do you currently have a car loan, and is it with the same company reporting the lates?

Message 39 of 45
blackswan22
New Contributor

No I paid that car off back in 2003. I have a new car loan now with a different bank. They afni thing was in 2001 so it should drop off something early 2008. I need to just pay down these bills now and hopefully that will help me out.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.