Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's a question...

tag
tknkrov
Contributor

Here's a question...

If the OC has a date of first deluinquency of 2001 and there is a collection asociated with the account when it drops of in 2008 does or should the collection as well? Maybe this has been asked before so sorry if it is a repeat. I have disputed the CA 3 times with no luck and the OC doesn't have it in their system that it was in collections, I paid them as they sent it to collections. They tell me they can't help me beause they don't see it and I have to dispute with CA, which I have. Anyway should I just wait and see if it comes off in 08 or keep working on it?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here's a question...

tknkrov wrote:
If the OC has a date of first deluinquency of 2001 and there is a collection asociated with the account when it drops of in 2008 does or should the collection as well? Maybe this has been asked before so sorry if it is a repeat. I have disputed the CA 3 times with no luck and the OC doesn't have it in their system that it was in collections, I paid them as they sent it to collections. They tell me they can't help me beause they don't see it and I have to dispute with CA, which I have. Anyway should I just wait and see if it comes off in 08 or keep working on it?

Who did you pay the OC or the CA???  Do you still have the cancelled check? Is the OC still reporting?  Did you send a DV to the CA??

If the OC doesn't have it in their system they MIGHT have sold it to the CA. and it should show...transfered or sold........the OC sets the DOFD and a CA can not change it!!

Did you dispute the OC??  If they can't find the account in their system they can NOT varify it with the CRAs.       IF you have a CR of the oc showing a drop date in 2008 make sure that you have a hard copy and DO NOT LOSE IT!!!

Send a DV to the CA   asking for compleate account history along with usual things. They must answer it within 30 Days or stop reporting.  CMRRR!!!!!

Dispute the OC.....if this comes back verified    send a MOV  CMRRR to the CRAs  and at the same time send a letter to the OC  asking for complete account history!  If they don't have it they must stop reporting.

You might get lucky & they both drop now

Do not sign the DV  just type your name.  CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-11-2007 10:55 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.