Contributor
George2037

Here's one I haven't seen yet....

[ Edited ]
Last night I was served with papers: Maryland Central Collections Unit is seeking a Judgement against me for a Payment out of the Maryland Home Improvement Fund July 10th 2001.  In the process of attempting to collect the debt they filed a lien against my fathers house (who has nothing to do with it) because we have the same name they thought he was me.  Upon finding this last year when re-financing the home he obviously had it removed.  I guess it took them over a year to look up my address and file for a judgement against me.

This is the first court action, no judgements have been entered.  I meet with a lawyer today after work and will find out where my standings are.  Maryland statute of limitations is 3 years, not sure if it applies to State Agencies, or Business Law.  :smileyhappy:  Good thing I got my UT down so low, gonna need the room to pay for this darn Lawyer!

Message Edited by George2037 on 08-24-2007 07:16 AM
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Re: Here's one I haven't seen yet....

[ Edited ]

George2037 wrote:
Last night I was served with papers: Maryland Central Collections Unit is

Funny... I see it twice here.

LOLOLOL

Rob

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 08-24-2007 10:20 AM
Contributor
George2037

George2037 wrote:
Last night I was served with papers: Maryland Central Collections Unit is

Funny... I see it twice here.

LOLOLOL

Rob

------------------------------------------------------
Message sent via Blackberry device

HAHAHAHA!!!!
Contributor
dooodooo

Isn't the Maryland Home Improvement Fund when you, the contractor, contract to do some work with a person and then they sue the contractor later for failure to perform or failure to reimburse money?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}