Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's one I haven't seen yet....

tag
George2037
Regular Contributor

Here's one I haven't seen yet....

Last night I was served with papers: Maryland Central Collections Unit is seeking a Judgement against me for a Payment out of the Maryland Home Improvement Fund July 10th 2001.  In the process of attempting to collect the debt they filed a lien against my fathers house (who has nothing to do with it) because we have the same name they thought he was me.  Upon finding this last year when re-financing the home he obviously had it removed.  I guess it took them over a year to look up my address and file for a judgement against me.

This is the first court action, no judgements have been entered.  I meet with a lawyer today after work and will find out where my standings are.  Maryland statute of limitations is 3 years, not sure if it applies to State Agencies, or Business Law.  Smiley Happy  Good thing I got my UT down so low, gonna need the room to pay for this darn Lawyer!

Message Edited by George2037 on 08-24-2007 07:16 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here's one I haven't seen yet....

George2037 wrote:
Last night I was served with papers: Maryland Central Collections Unit is

Funny... I see it twice here.

LOLOLOL

Rob

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 08-24-2007 10:20 AM
Message 2 of 4
George2037
Regular Contributor

George2037 wrote:
Last night I was served with papers: Maryland Central Collections Unit is

Funny... I see it twice here.

LOLOLOL

Rob

------------------------------------------------------
Message sent via Blackberry device

HAHAHAHA!!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't the Maryland Home Improvement Fund when you, the contractor, contract to do some work with a person and then they sue the contractor later for failure to perform or failure to reimburse money?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.