cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest # of GW letters before succeeding ...

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Highest # of GW letters before succeeding ...

Or, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again."

This is really just a curiosity issue.  I am wondering what the highest number of GWs you have sent to a single creditor was before they "gave in" and granted to have a "minor" blemish removed.  Let's say, 30 days late on a current or paid closed account.

I have seen people send 3 for example, and either succeed there or give up.  I am curious how far some of you have taken a good old fashioned goodwill request before finding success. 

Message Edited by VistaV on 02-19-2008 09:46 AM
050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Highest # of GW letters before succeeding ...

I have a CapOne acct  I'm always GWing. So far, by my best count, I sent 14 GWs over the course of 2 months to 5 different addresses without much of a response. Nothing favorable anyway. Five more will go out this week as the bell for Round 2 has just dinged.

Edit: it had 2 lates (60 and 30) both over 5 years ago.

Message Edited by llecs on 02-19-2008 04:50 PM
Message 2 of 10
Minnie
Contributor

I sent two to Macys and had all negatives removed and account re-opened on second try. I've sent only one to others with either no response or a negative response.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out today that an entire TL got removed after 4 letters. Frankly, I had almost decided to give up and wasn't sure if I was going to send anymore. What a nice surprise.
Message 4 of 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

orhippychic wrote:
I just found out today that an entire TL got removed after 4 letters. Frankly, I had almost decided to give up and wasn't sure if I was going to send anymore. What a nice surprise.

I saw that in your other thread.  This is exactly what I am wondering about, thanks for the input!   Anyone else beat 4 ending with a success? 

And good luck to 'Ilecs', let m eknow when you succeed.
050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 5 of 10
Minnie
Contributor

That is great! I need to keep trying! Hippychic: Did elimination of TL lower score?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it was a CA less than a year old, so it will hopefully have a positive effect on scores. There were no changes at all to my FAKO for EX (hasn't come off the other 2 yet), but I suspect that this change occurred within the last 24-36 hours so the scores may not be updated yet. I'm waiting oh so impatiently to pull FICO's next month, and hopefully by then it will be off of TU and EQ as well and will hopefully make for a nice little jump. As always I will post a raving, shouting from the mountaintop message to the board when I get my FICO's. Might even go ahead and check them on the 25th...
Message 7 of 10
demi
Established Contributor

Just curious....how long do you wait until you send out a second (or third).  I sent one to Speigel month ago...have not heard anything yet.  Do they send a reply if they do something?  Don't want to just keep running reports....its only messed up on Experin, so it would't show on scorewatch.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent one letter and got the very same letter back that week with a notation that they would delete.

I also sent email to them about the same time, but nobody answered that one.

Message 9 of 10
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

I sent six off today, if anyone has a surplus of karma, aim it this way please!

The amount of good, common-sense advice here is amazing.  I am in awe.

Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.