Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm (scratching head)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm (scratching head)

Ok-
My ExDH had a car repo'd, and I settled the joint account in April 2002. Fine. Was looking at my CR (again!) and noticed that HSBC reported to TU and EQ in April 2005, and to EX in Dec. 2006. What does this mean, exactly? MyFico says that one thing that's hurting my score is a recent late payment, yet I don't have anything but this under derogs. Did they re-age this account, and need I do something about it??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hmmm (scratching head)

I would either call the CRA or check your credit report directly through TU to find out your DOFD.  Your report should tell you a date in which it is supposed to fall off.  My aunt had the same situation and her expected date to fall off is 7/2009.  Why it was reported so late?  It shouldn't matter as long as they have the correct DOFD.  If it isn't, than I would do a little investigating.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

10-4, good buddy.
So the bottom line is: Regardless of when it is reported, the drop off date is still reliant on the DOFD. Right?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be.  If you go on transunion.com and go to disputes, you can get free credit report through them and it is very easy to read.  It only takes a few minutes - and FREE!!  Let me know what you find out.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account was opened    8/2001
                      DFOD     3/2002
Settled                          11/2002
Scheduled to drop off   6/2009

And I've written three GW's and PFBd them. Sheesh!
While looking at the account, it was noted that the charge off was actually MORE than he paid for the flipping car - so I did dispute the CO amount... I paid 75% of what was outstanding after the auction.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping that was the case.  Good luck with the dispute!  If that doesn't work, you might want to call the original creditor to see if they have your information.  I had a collection in which I disputed, and it remained on file.  I called the original creditor and they could not find any information on me.  It was an automatic deletion.  I think it was only 3 or 4 years old at the time.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TEX  you might try a GW  and cryyyyyyy. It was your EXDH  and he left you with sooooooo much debt. You worked so hard to pay what you could & now this is comin back to hurt you.

you it will drop around 3/2009

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-06-2007 09:57 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.