cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold my beer... Watch This!! (Help needed)

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: Hold my beer... Watch This!! (Help needed)

aleicgrant wrote:

some part of me wants to ask why kids are having kids but I wont go there. That said, I would absolutely see if there are dental schools. The debt is under your name and while love is forever, even life surprises you...........

Well irresponsible choices and a wonderful and precious mistake that came in the form of an amazing gift. I cannot imagine life without my daughter. I do everything for her, I am on this site for her. I want to eventually take out a loan once I complete school to purchase a home of our own if it is in God's plan for our family. 

*Had a couple drinks

excuse the sensitivity. 

Message 11 of 21
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

The whole point of establishing credit, is so that you will have some options.

And believe me: Having options is a lot better than having no options !!

Good Luck

Message 12 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CareCredit may be a good cc option here. I know you said you cant afford more INQs but this situation is pretty big and your talking alot of interest saved here too over a good amount of time.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

if you haven't had any new accounts reporting, or a high number of inquiries, check out carecredit.

if not, work out a dental plan with the dentist.

you don't want to max out all your new CCs. That will freak out all the card companies once they new accounts start reporting maxed out balances and things will be very ugly.

but like others have said, your best option is to check out a dental school.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 21
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

+1 at dental schools.

Here harvard med school will charge next to nothing for any dental work. Only bad thing is your gonna have couple of students looking down your mouth to learn lol
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 15 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
+1 at dental schools.

Here harvard med school will charge next to nothing for any dental work. Only bad thing is your gonna have couple of students looking down your mouth to learn lol

That would scare me. I couldn't do it Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 21
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Not hating on ya mate. Glad to see you break those stereotypes..I am 44 with a 3 year old and would give her the world, moon, stars and my 30k plus credit lines to give her what ever she wants ;-)
Message 17 of 21
jwduke
Regular Contributor

I know what the OP is thinking here. As others have said, I would go the dental school route. When I lived in Omaha, I went to Creighton University several times. A root canal then was around $100. But remember what Clark Howard says, "You should NEVER be a prisoner to your credit report"

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would go for the credit at the dental office if it's carecredit or chase health card... most likely carecredit... I would apply at home and we can get you or most likely it will spit it out after you apply a phone number to call in instantly about more credit.... I would not be afraid of not getting it or not getting enough, you have some very nice prime cards and GE is all about giving that CareCredit out and you could probably get 18-24, or maybe even more months 0% to pay this dental thing with the carecredit and not effect all these other new cards... not to mention 1 payment vs. 6 or so!

Message 19 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There should also be a community dental clinic somewhere in MS. There is nothing wrong with them, real dentists, and charge 0 to very little.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.