Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy wow, 565 any hope for me at all?

tag
joeykaplan
Established Member

Holy wow, 565 any hope for me at all?

I have to be the worlds biggest idiot at times, but I seem to be calming down and taking a clean look at things. I am 38 years old, make over 70k a year at a great company with wonderful benefits. I am in a house that I have a rent/contract on for $1100.00 a month, the purchase price is $97,000.00 and comes up in March. $100.00 of my monthly rent was to go towards my down payment, but I wound up being late twice due to a job change. Today I went online here to get my score, I also opened up two new credit cards from the site. That will give me three of them, the first one I have already sent in a double payment to, and used it, I will pay it in full when the bills omes. I had a collection for some over charges at a bank open, and another one like it, both were paid. I have been online and filed disputes for any incorrect information, what a pain in the arse. Any way, I want to keep my house and get it in my name. I should be paying half of what I am currently, I have no other debt.. my car is paid for.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated... oh, I want to get my score up there like asap!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Holy wow, 565 any hope for me at all?

joeykaplan wrote:
I have to be the worlds biggest idiot at times, but I seem to be calming down and taking a clean look at things. I am 38 years old, make over 70k a year at a great company with wonderful benefits. I am in a house that I have a rent/contract on for $1100.00 a month, the purchase price is $97,000.00 and comes up in March. $100.00 of my monthly rent was to go towards my down payment, but I wound up being late twice due to a job change. Today I went online here to get my score, I also opened up two new credit cards from the site. That will give me three of them, the first one I have already sent in a double payment to, and used it, I will pay it in full when the bills omes. I had a collection for some over charges at a bank open, and another one like it, both were paid. I have been online and filed disputes for any incorrect information, what a pain in the arse. Any way, I want to keep my house and get it in my name. I should be paying half of what I am currently, I have no other debt.. my car is paid for.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated... oh, I want to get my score up there like asap!

What negative information is listed?
Message 2 of 8
joeykaplan
Established Member

Collections, for the most part. Some of them I really do owe, I found out that I have ADHD and just recently began taking medication for it. It's like a whole new life for me, and I want to get my act together.
Message 3 of 8
Trev
Established Member

Heh, I started working on my credit score seriously in February of 07. From 530 to 583(as of today). Using the future calculators I should break 600 shortly, by simply paying bills on time. I even have a ch-7 bankruptcy still showing on my credit, I am only 7 years into that one. Life happens.. we all go through bad times. Get on top of it today.. cleaning it up really isn' all that hard. It just takes dedication and a little of your attention.
Message 4 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Have you read the Scoring 101 thread?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is hope for your scores and your ADHD.  Hang in there and just keep reading these boards it will give you all the tools and encouragement you need.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by ctrob on 08-12-2007 06:15 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

joeykaplan wrote:

Joey,
Don't sweat it, that's why were all here, to get things cleaned.  You came to the right place. 

If you have a deadline of March 08 it might be a little tight to get your scores to an acceptable level by then.  I would think you are going to want your scores as close 700 as possible.  You can definately have an impact in 6 months, but it's anybodys guess what the housing market & interest rates will be like by March.  Would you be able to get the landlord/seller to give you an extention?  Did you lose your down payment funds because of the lates?

Message Edited by ctrob on 08-12-2007 06:15 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.