Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot

tag
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Home Depot

Does anyone know what CRA Home Depot pulls??
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Home Depot

They pull all three bereaus and have an odd scoring system they use to grant credit. Citibank is the card issuer and they are not BK friendly.
Message 2 of 13
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

chartley3 wrote:
They pull all three bereaus and have an odd scoring system they use to grant credit. Citibank is the card issuer and they are not BK friendly.

Thanks! I just applied and received the "Further processing is required..." msg. Blah. I called the number it gave me as well and the lady told me they needed to review the app. I think this means I was denied. Smiley Sad
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are just go to the store and apply there as you are doing a purchase. Also I don't think Citibank has anything to do with their store card, just their mastercard.
Message 4 of 13
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Nope Citibank is also the issuer for the regular store card also. Same Credit guidelines as well. Oh well I prefer Lowes anyway Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes rocks.
I met their president one time and he said that Home Depot was geared for men, and Lowes for women. Hmm. I guess I'm gender-confused because I buy my power tools at Home Depot.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lowes rocks.
I met their president one time and he said that Home Depot was geared for men, and Lowes for women. Hmm. I guess I'm gender-confused because I buy my power tools at Home Depot.

There is more truth in your statement than you realize.

My wife and I both applied for each one.

She was approved for a Lowes card and I was denied. I was approved for a Home Depot Card and she was denied.

go figure.

Peace
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

they pulled EQUIFAX for me for the mastercard in new jersey.

i was denied due to past delinquencies. i thought they would automatically consider me for store card, BUT THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH HOME DEPOT.
so i applied again for store card and got approved for $1500!
Message 8 of 13
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

BTW, Citi has been my best GW responder - just received a letter from them yesterday that they would report within 30 days no negatives on my Home Depot (We had 2 30s in 30 months)  Also, I got a positive letter re Deferred Student Loan and old mortgage.  Compared to others I have been dealing with, they have been tops!  (Even though I had instant denial for Citi Upromise couple of days ago)  I am going to try again once I hear from CCCU and scores go up a bit.
Message 9 of 13
Bk-Bounce65

Hello all.

I'm new here and have gained a wealth of info(wish this site we're here many years ago). I filed Bk in '98, and it was discharged in '99. Since I'm a regular in HD and Lowes, I would like to have both cards. Unfortunately, CitiBank was was of the cards/accounts discharged with my Bk. Would it be worth a shot? Does CitiBank blacklist? It was probably one of the better cards that I can recall.

Message Edited by Bk-Bounce65 on 08-28-2007 11:41 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.