Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homecomings says they aren't reporting derogs

tag
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Homecomings says they aren't reporting derogs

Hello,
I sent a GW letter to Homecomings for a 30 day late that is reporting and they sent me a letter back stating that they are not reporting any derogs.  They stated in the letter that we can send that letter to the CRA's that are reporting it.  Do I send a dispute letter to the CRA's or how do I go about it to get it removed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: Homecomings says they aren't reporting derogs

Dispute it with the CRA. If they are truly not reporting any derogs, then they will verify that it is in fact, incorrect on your report.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Homecomings says they aren't reporting derogs

Dispute with the CRAs where the late is showing up. Tell them you were never late. Don't include a copy of the letter from the bank saying you weren't late. Keep the letter, and if the CRAs sit on their butts, then dispute again and include a copy of the letter. Helps to ensure you have a backup you can hit 'em with to dispute should the CRAs opt not to do their job.

Fax disputes work fine. Or call (but don't tell 'em you have the letter). Or write.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.