Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hospital Payments

tag
oldschool
Valued Member

Hospital Payments

I'm about to call the Hospital and try to work out payments with them, I owe them about 3,000 and would like to see if I could stretch it out over a two year period. Unfortunately I have a feeling the hospital is not going to want to go over a year.

I'm not trying to get out of paying them just trying to fit it in my budget, do I have any recourse or am I basically at their whim?

Rick

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Hospital Payments

I have also had medical bills in the past. Through experience the hospital or medical care providers only ask that you contact them from he beginning & arrange a payment arrangement. The worst thing is to put off and delay communication with them. So call them and you may be surprised of the response that you would get from them.

Message 2 of 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Hospital Payments

I had one hospital bill that said I had 12 months - but I missed a month and they sent me to collections.  My bad.

I have one I'm working on now - they gave me 6 months.  I took it.  Interest free loan - no ding to credit - yay it sucks to pay them 140 a month but it was  my bill.

I hope they work with you!  Just be sure to make nice with who you talk to in the accounting department to set up the pmt plan.  Be sure to get their name and thank them so very much.  That way if you have to miss a month due to an emergency down the road, they just might remember you and allow it to slide.  But MAKE SURE you call them if that were to happen - as evidenced by my first sentence.

Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.