cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hospital ran soft credit check before emergency treatment.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hospital ran soft credit check before emergency treatment.

Interesting how many people are checking your credit these days.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hospital ran soft credit check before emergency treatment.

ilovepizza wrote:

That is not only unethical but it may also be illegal.  Hospitals and providers who do emergency work must stabilize patients before scanning insurance coverage or checking someone's credit.  That is disgusting!Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:

I don't see any PP for a soft or hard INQ.
I'd ask for my $1,000 please.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now sure how one could either know or prove they did a soft pull BEFORE treatment. What is the basis for that conclusion?

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a private hospital not City owned. Does that change anything. I wonder what would have happened if I had a 325 credit score and no insurance? Can your FICO score can mean the difference between life and death in receiving medical treatment? My credit score was in the mid 600's. I also had health insurance. Can I buy FICO insurance? 100 points in the event of a credit emergency? lol.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft credit check is automatic when they filled in my social and other info when I check in. I do not know whether my credit score had any effect on my treatment. Just stating that they did that. They hit my TransUnion CR as a soft pull. I would not doubt they verified my med insurance before further testing. That's life. It was a privately owned hospital. They see us as customers not patients. My score was in the 600s.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-14-2007 06:06 PM
Message 6 of 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I can't think of any situation where a hospitol would have PP to pull your credit.. I call BS.

And if it's not BS, you need to collect your $1000.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
Soft credit check is automatic when they fill in your info when you check in.

dont worry they just want to make sure your able to pay the tv/phone rental Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how much information they get on a soft pull? I don't even know why they did it? Maybe they did it to see if I was having financial problems to see if stress could be part of the problem? Has anyone else had soft pulls from hospitals?
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
I call BS.

Kewl. I wasn't the first. I'm gonna second BS.

Any hospital, private or public, pulling credit BEFORE administering emergency treatment I suspect is running afoul of both FCRA and their state medical board.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.