Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Are You Converting AMEX Cards????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Are You Converting AMEX Cards????

Hello All, I am trying to convert my AMEX Jetblue ($40 annual fee due soon) to BlueSky (no annual fee) or Clear I called 3 times & got the same response from 3 different CSRs..."you must apply for the card you want then close the Jetblue upon approval if you no longer want it, there isnt a conversion" How are people converting cards, I want to be apart of the club!!!! I hate to lose the age on the account or add a new account in this manner if I can avoid the ding on Fico. Please help!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Are You Converting AMEX Cards????

Here's my scenario...

CSR: Hello thanks for calling Blue from American Express customer service. How can I help you?
Me: Uh... Yes. I was just wondering if I can convert my Blue to a Blue Sky.
CSR: Okay sir, I can check that for you?
Me: Thanks.
CSR: You have the option of converting to Blue Cash and Blue Sky. Did you say you wanted to Blue Sky?
Me: Yup.
CSR: Okay, I'll be happy to do that for you.

*Waits about 2 minutes*

CSR: The conversion will not take effect until the 23rd, and that's when we'll send out the new card to you. It will take 7-10 business days. Until you get the Blue Sky card, you can continue to use your Blue. Anything else I can help you with?
Me: Cool! Thanks. No that's all for now. Thank you! (LOL)
CSR: Okay sir. American Express appeciates your business. You have a great weekend!
Me: Thanks, you too.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is really that simple. The conversion takes effect at the start of your next billing month. And any BT offers stay intact after the conversion, my 9.9 for life balance will stay the same. I'm gonna wait a little bit before I hit the luv button (went from 2K-15K over 3 months).

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my Delta SkyMiles but have not activated it yet.  What is the next step up from the Skymiles card?  And could I ask for a cli?  I was only apprvd for $1,000.  Thanks for help!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
it is really that simple. The conversion takes effect at the start of your next billing month. And any BT offers stay intact after the conversion, my 9.9 for life balance will stay the same. I'm gonna wait a little bit before I hit the luv button (went from 2K-15K over 3 months).

Oh and another thing is, the Amex CSR's understand my sense of humor. Or they pretend to. lol. What ever the case, they are laughing WITH me and they don't make me feel stupid at all.

Phouchg, did you press the luv button everytime or did you get some automatic increases? That's crazy to go up from 2k to 15k in less than 4 months. I'm jealous. lol
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jizoe182 wrote:

Phouchg, did you press the luv button everytime or did you get some automatic increases? That's crazy to go up from 2k to 15k in less than 4 months. I'm jealous. lol

Went from 2K-8K on activiation, 8K-12K next month, but got FR 2 weeks after that increase. FR cleared, went to 15K the next month. HHI 116K, put 110K on application. I have heard that AMEX credit lines can equal up to 35% of annual HHI, so I still have a way to go. But I am never going to increase it over 24.9K as 25K is the magic amount that an FR is almost guaranteed.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy Thanx everyone for the help! Hopefully the suggestions will work for me.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Worked...20K limit now on BlueSky, JetBlue converted prior to $40 annual fee becoming due.

Message Edited by operationHOMEownership on 08-27-2007 12:28 PM

Message Edited by operationHOMEownership on 08-27-2007 12:28 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.