cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Keep a Positive Account On My Report?

tag
Yedgy

How Do I Keep a Positive Account On My Report?

Hi everyone, I have an old auto loan that was paid in full in June of 1998. Its status is described as "Paid,Closed/Never late" or "Closed, Paid as Agreed" depending on the CRA. According to Experian, this account is scheduled to continue on record until June 2008.

I thought positive accounts stayed on indefinitely?

Is there something I can do to force this account to stay on my report? I'd hate to lose one of my oldest accounts, especially since it's an auto loan and I'll be shopping for a car next year.

If this is a FAQ, please accept my apologies and point me in the right direction.
Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Do I Keep a Positive Account On My Report?

open accounts in good standing stay.......when closed & in good standing they drop in 10 years
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had some advice for you-

My 2 oldest accounts drop off this year-

While they could be on forever- the CRA's thought 10 years is long enough-

Yedgy wrote:
Hi everyone, I have an old auto loan that was paid in full in June of 1998. Its status is described as "Paid,Closed/Never late" or "Closed, Paid as Agreed" depending on the CRA. According to Experian, this account is scheduled to continue on record until June 2008.

I thought positive accounts stayed on indefinitely?

Is there something I can do to force this account to stay on my report? I'd hate to lose one of my oldest accounts, especially since it's an auto loan and I'll be shopping for a car next year.

If this is a FAQ, please accept my apologies and point me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
iltph
Frequent Contributor

My wife has two accounts that were opened in 1993 (AMEX and some other CC) that have been closed for over 10 years that are still showing up on her CRs. They show never late and that they were closed at her request.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.