cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long After Paying Judgement Does It Stay On CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long After Paying Judgement Does It Stay On CR?

My husband has 2 judgements on his credit report, should he pay them or not? I know the damage is already done but can they stay on longer then 7 years if unpaid? Also, how long after being paid if we decide to pay them will they stay on? Will paying them start the clock over?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long After Paying Judgement Does It Stay On CR?

Always best to pay if you have the means. With unpaid judgements can be renewed and find there way back on your report. No the clock will not start over if you pay them. 7 years from date of filing is my understanding. Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a sore subject for my husband and I.............he had a judgement from mid-2002 for just over $300. We let it sit and forgot about it then this past April, FIVE YEARS later...out of nowhere, without any warning whatsoever, I woke up to my bank account having been drawn on for almost seven hundred dollars! That's right, interest, court costs, the whole shebang. Conveniently, the notice arrived in the mail the next day. Oh and his report still shows the jugement, not even a paid notation and I guess it will till 2009Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.