Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long For My Score To Rise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long For My Score To Rise?

I pay my bills on time and I have a good length of credit history.  Any late payments showing are nearly 7 years old.  My FICO score is suffering due to the amount of credit I have.

My scores have fallen rapidly due to the amount of credit.  I am about to pay off approx 35,000 in credit cards and loans.  My question is how long will it take my score to rise from 599 area up to the safe levels where I can purchase a home with a decent interest.  
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long For My Score To Rise?

$35k out of how much credit available?

Are you taking out another loan to pay off that debt?

If you're paying out right, not taking out any other money, your score should change within a month, dramatically.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not taking out any other debt just paying off practically the whole kit and kaboodle.  You say it should rise within a month?

Another quick question, how do I get a 6 year Dillard late payment and a 6 and a half year Capitol One late payment off my record.  Will they both fall off at 7 years?
Message 3 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Lates that old should not be hurting you.  I sent a GW to Dillards for one oldie and they removed it without a problem.  I've heard *good* and *bad* luck with Cap One.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your answers.  I am really excited about buying a new home soon when that score goes up.  I should have my bills all paid off by the end of the month and I hope to watch FICO go up. 
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted on the jump! The score simulator said my score should jump 40 points just by taking my utilization down from 96% to 7%.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.