Did you mean: 

How Many of you use Creditkarma?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: How Many of you use Creditkarma?

@jsickz32 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I just signed up. I didn't realize it was only for TU. I thought it was like USAA credit monitoring plus, which shows all three reports and scores. I guess they still get my 15 bucks per month...

call USAA about cancelling the service and they will offer you the service for 50% off just to keep you....

Not necessarily. I had a couple of reps who were ready to cancel my service on the spot. I had to call and say that someone had offered it to me (which I had read about here) and then, they only gave it to me for 6 mos. She said the 1-yr offer was no longer available.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 21 of 37
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

I use CreditKarma to keep an eye on what's being reported from time to time. But like everyone else, I've noticed a significant difference between the score they provide and the score I get elsewhere. Today, for example, it says my TU score is 690; according to WalMart's monitoring service, it's 774. Big difference. But since it's a free service, I'm not complaining.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 22 of 37
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I signed up for CK, but really can't understand the dashboard, no matter how I try. it seems to be very confusing to me and makes me wonder how it is so popular. Maybe others have learned to navigate it better than I have.

Since it only does TU, I don't really use it. But it did alert me to an inq that USAA's CMS hadn't. I mostly just use it for monitoring and don't log in. It does seem like having 2 or 3 different services helps prevent things from falling through the cracks.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 37
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I just signed up. I didn't realize it was only for TU. I thought it was like USAA credit monitoring plus, which shows all three reports and scores. I guess they still get my 15 bucks per month...

call USAA about cancelling the service and they will offer you the service for 50% off just to keep you....

Not necessarily. I had a couple of reps who were ready to cancel my service on the spot. I had to call and say that someone had offered it to me (which I had read about here) and then, they only gave it to me for 6 mos. She said the 1-yr offer was no longer available.

i cancelled mine back in august or september and they offered it 50% for a year. 

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 24 of 37
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@rtw wrote:

I use credit karma daily. The score is not close to the TU FICO but I like it because I can monitor when changes occur on my TU report. I know exactly when I should spring for the TU FICO score.

+1  

disreguard the score... use the credit report card and balance history and UTL figures

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 25 of 37
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

I check CreditKarma about every two to three weeks, though occasionally weekly, and less occasionally daily. As others have said, the score can be disregarded. As a for instance, my CreditKarma score today is 691, however my TU score pulled today through MyFico shows 732.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 26 of 37
pt2005
Regular Contributor

I also notice that CK has a weird problem in that it removes 2 of my accounts, and the next day it says I have 2 new accounts. Then it repeats for about 10 times. As of now the 2 accounts are not showing up in CK anymore, but they are still active and healthy in real life. Anyone has this problem?

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 27 of 37
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I called and they upgraded me to the premium service for 6 months at the same price I am paying now. The difference being that the premium service allows me to update my report daily rather than monthly. Thank you!

PS. I didn't threaten to quit or anything. I just told them that I used to get unlimited refreshing of my CR, and now I can only do it once per month, but I am paying the same amount. I feel like I am paying the same amount of money and getting less. She looked up my account and said that I was eligible for the 6 month thing and I took her up on it.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 28 of 37
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I love Credit Karma.  It was what got me interested in paying attention to credit in the first place.  The CK score is not very accurate though.  At the time my CK score was like 756 or something but my actual TU FICO was 781.  But for a free monitoring system, CK is great IMO.  I currently use the USAA monitoring one for 12.95 a month.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 29 of 37
brother7
Established Contributor

I love FREE daily monitoring of TU using Credit Karma.

Tracking one's credit score/report can become addictive/obsessive so I try to restrict myself to 4 pulls/month: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th. Plus, an additional pull whenever Walmart updates my free TU08 score, to check for a corresponding change in my CK TU Transrisk score. I know there's no general correlation between TU FICO and TU Transrisk but at least they share the same range, 300-850.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.