Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Do You Pull Your Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Often Do You Pull Your Scores?

CLove117 wrote:
I don't know my FICO score, because I don't have the money to pay for them right now.

Totally understand. That's why I only have a couple myself.

My point was that all you really need to fix your credit are those free CRs. You can't fix problems based on FICO scores alone. You need the detail from the CRA CRs.

Message Edited by gordonbs on 08-13-2008 03:19 PM
Message 21 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Now that Scorewatch is crippled, I only pull my score when I'm about to apply for credit or when I know there has been a big change to my credit report.

Scorewatch isn't crippled. You just need to go in and manually reset your target score to your current score.

The way they tried to do it before wasn't triggering alerts, so they dropped it. But I've always used my current score as the target, and it works. Awfully counter-intuitive, I agree.

I was one of those several months back who had to get their registration re-set, because we weren't getting alerts, but once they did that, I'm back to getting alerts again. Although since EQ is sort of stagnant for me these days, I'm not getting them frequently. Maybe every 3-4 weeks or so. But that's because that's where my credit is now, just kind of plodding along, waiting for time to heal things.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 27
singulardedication
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know my FICO score, because I don't have the money to pay for them right now.

How about the SW free trial period?

Starting Score: TU 732 | EQ 655 | EX Plus 725 [Jan 2012]
Current Score: TU 697 | EQ 694 | EX 659 (psecu) [aPRIL 2012]
Goal Score: 760 In Aggressive paydown mode, thinking Amex BCE for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@singulardedication wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How about the SW free trial period?

I signed up for the free 10-day SW trial, today.  I'll likely keep it.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 24 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How can anyone afford to pull all these scores? They need to have a service for people who can't afford it to get them for FREE!

No, they probably should not be free. I do not like to work for free, and I'm most certain "MyFico" doesn't want to provide their services for free neither.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pull fico usually twice a year. I do the CRs once a year. I used to do it a lot more but I cut back. It's real easy to go all OCD on it, so I try to chill now.Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey everyone, this is a 2008 thread.

Lots of the details about free trials and whatnot have changed.

Just wanted to point this out.  

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.