Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Authorized User Accounts?

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

How To Remove Authorized User Accounts?

I was told that in order to remove an authorized user account that the owner of the account has to make the request to the OC.  Unfortunately, I don't have a clue who the owner of the account was since I don't even recognize the account. 

Are there any other ways to have it removed?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How To Remove Authorized User Accounts?

Were you told this by the credit card company? Most will allow the AU to remove themselves, although some require the cardholder to do so.

If they won't let you do it, and you have no idea whose card it is, you'll have to dispute on all three CRA's as "not mine." And you might want to keep a sharp eye out for further problems. Someone probably mis-keyed an SSN, and you'd think they'd notice that the names didn't match, but if it happens once, it can always happen again.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.