Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate are FAKO scores?

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: How accurate are FAKO scores?

VantageScore has a great deal of value. One of its benefits has been influencing changes in Fico models to maintain a competitive advantage. 

It's all good - Smiley LOL

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are not FAKOs they are just "alternative FICOs"...sorry couldn't help it.😉
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, sounds reasonable to me.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool, so all those people on this forum were liars.  Heard that. 

Yes.  Unless someone posts a real scanned denial letter that reflects Vantage Score, I'll always call them liars.

It's probably worse, though: likely they may have just been part of the VS street team marketing the useless "credit score" as users on here.  I was a shill for a well known company in the late 90s early 00s and had dozens of forums and social media accounts to post lies about my customer's product.  Shills on here are tougher to spot but don't forget we're all anonymous and anyone can write anything.

If you want to know the value of VS versus FICO, just call their sales teams and ask how much it would cost to offer a credit score service to your customers online.  FICO charges an arm and a leg.  VS gives it away.  Why would that be if VS had any value?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also the CFPB agrees with me:

"Although TransUnion has marketed VantageScores to lenders and other commercial users, VantageScores are not typically used for credit decisions."

"In their advertising, TransUnion and Equifax falsely represented that the credit scores they marketed and provided to consumers were the same scores lenders typically use to make credit decisions. In fact, the scores sold by TransUnion and Equifax were not typically used by lenders to make those decisions."

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/cfpb-orders-transunion-and-equifax-pay-deceiving-c...

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.  Unless someone posts a real scanned denial letter that reflects Vantage Score, I'll always call them liars.

Again, I understand.  Everyone on this forum that's ever said they had their VS used is a liar.  I got it.  What's most alarming, I suppose, is how many liars are on this forum... not really the whole FICO / VS conversation.

Message 16 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also the CFPB agrees with me:

"Although TransUnion has marketed VantageScores to lenders and other commercial users, VantageScores are not typically used for credit decisions."

"In their advertising, TransUnion and Equifax falsely represented that the credit scores they marketed and provided to consumers were the same scores lenders typically use to make credit decisions. In fact, the scores sold by TransUnion and Equifax were not typically used by lenders to make those decisions."

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/cfpb-orders-transunion-and-equifax-pay-deceiving-consumers-marketing-credit-scores-and-credit-products/

Give it a rest and move on.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They seem to have a pretty bad algorithm.  When I had two charge off credit cards come off my report totalling 23k my vantage score went down 15 points.  My FICO 8 went up 60 points.  Why would my score go down as I still had average age of account of over 7 years.

Message 18 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They seem to have a pretty bad algorithm.  When I had two charge off credit cards come off my report totalling 23k my vantage score went down 15 points.  My FICO 8 went up 60 points.  Why would my score go down as I still had average age of account of over 7 years.

I have not seen any aberrations with VantageScore over the last 2.5 years of score reporting based on my profile. VantageScore 3.0, Fico 8 and Fico 9 have all been very stable. The only truely deviant credit scoring model for me has been Eq Fico 04 (very flaky).

In your case, I suspect whatever service provided you a VS3 score may have pulled CRA data and updated score while one or both charge offs were still showing. Thus, no score increase. If that happened then a boost in VS3 score may show on your next update.

Other possibilities exist but, without a detailed review of credit reports to pinpoint differences, I would not want to hazard a guess.

Message 19 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool, so all those people on this forum were liars.  Heard that. 

It's probably worse, though: likely they may have just been part of the VS street team marketing the useless "credit score" as users on here.  I was a shill for a well known company in the late 90s early 00s and had dozens of forums and social media accounts to post lies about my customer's product.  Shills on here are tougher to spot but don't forget we're all anonymous and anyone can write anything.

If you want to know the value of VS versus FICO, just call their sales teams and ask how much it would cost to offer a credit score service to your customers online.  FICO charges an arm and a leg.  VS gives it away.  Why would that be if VS had any value?

Unfortunately I doubt I kept my Freedom pre-recon denial letter from 2013; it was Vantage Score and it was confirmed on CB that Chase was using VS at the time for some of their UW from an internal employee.  At the time they were UW on 3 different scores, internal, VS, and FICO: presumably the internal and VS were being trialed on their lower tier products at the time, and apparently their internal score won out.

They don't use VS anymore to my knowledge, I don't know anyone in the credit market currently doing so.

It was reported by the media, closest I could find in Google was an Experian news release which is still available so presumably they didn't get sued by Chase for incorrect information haha:

http://www.experian.com/assets/decision-analytics/articles/vantage-score-nafcu-announcement.pdf

        
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.