How accurate are TrueCredit scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How accurate are TrueCredit scores?

I just joined TrueCredit and  my scores are as follows:

EX  593
     TU  578
     EQ  572 (equifax.com pulled yesterday was 580)

How accurate are these TrueCredit scores compared to what are pulled by banks based on your experience?

Also, would it be possible for someone to provide guidance as to how I find the DOFD from my collection accounts?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jru577
New Contributor

Re: How accurate are TrueCredit scores?

Word on the street (i.e. this board) has it that truecredit scores are FAKOS - in otherwords, completely inaccurate. The only real FICO scores are on myfico.com. Truecredit is used by some to monitor reports though (not scores) - good monitoring service.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

jru577 is correct.  Truecredit scores are FAKOs which is why people have both the TC and Myfico services. 
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Do you recommend FICO Deluxe or Scorewatch?  
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Busywoman, I use TrueCredit and have found their scores to be waaaaay off, in both directions. You just get absolutely nothing close to what a lender or creditor sees. The only thing TrueCredit is half-way good for is the monitoring service, and that part ain't so reliable either.

I've seen new accounts appear and derogs disappear from my bureaus without ANY alerts from TrueCredit, and then I've seen FOUR alerts show up for one simply inquiry. Their graphics page where you see all three bureaus side-by-side is somewhat useful, but the details of the info are usually just not accurate if you compare what you see there to what you see when you get a report directly from any of the bureaus.

The worst part of TrueCredit? Their customer service. It stinks, frankly. Your call will get routed to India or some other foreign country and the reps are usually clueless with regard to credit terminology, etc. and they just have no sense of urgency about your business.

But for $14.95 a month to be able to see a picture (although not very accurate picture) of your credit file, it's not horrible. Just be sure you don't buy ANY of the extra junk they try and sell you through their pop-up ads. Total waste of money. Good luck!
Message 5 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you.
Do you recommend FICO Deluxe or Scorewatch?

You can get your true Equifax FICO score from Equifax you know. If you call them you can buy the Equifax Score Watch package for one entire year for $50. It is the same service available here as others will attest to. Even quicker to update and alert. Not great but better than myFICO's version at a much better price. Go find a link from Walmart for the Truecredit monitoring service and you will pay just $11.21 per month. Do that for a while before deciding to lay out a lot of money for all your scores. Unless you are going to buy a home and can't finance through a credit union which pulls Equifax its a waste of money. Ask anyone who's done it they'll tell you the same thing. No bs. But its up to you. Message Edited by smallfry on 07-08-2007 02:07 PM

Message Edited by smallfry on 07-08-2007 02:08 PM
Message 6 of 12
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

I just signed up for the scorewatch and my true EQ Fico score is 646, my true credit EQ is 569.  So 77 pts is a big difference.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I just signed up for ScoreWatch and my EQ FICO is 580 (TrueCredit was 593).

Unfortunately mine went in the opposite direction as yours. Nonetheless I will work with ScoreWatch.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that Turecredit was TOTALLY off from the score provided by myfico.  Myfico score showed 530 for equifax and my truecredit score showd 660! WOW is all I can say, Im happy I decided to look up the accuracy of truecredit.

Message 9 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jru577 wrote:
Word on the street (i.e. this board) has it that truecredit scores are FAKOS - in otherwords, completely inaccurate. The only real FICO scores are on myfico.com. Truecredit is used by some to monitor reports though (not scores) - good monitoring service.
Not exactly true.
No one has been able to pull their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Equifax score at www.equifax.com (If you look hard enough) and your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com.
From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.