cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is CreditKarma for reviewing reports?

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

How accurate is CreditKarma for reviewing reports?

Something does not seem right! Smiley Sad I had a Sprint account that went into Convergent ER CA and it was removed from my Credit Report and than I seen on CreditKarma that it was transferred to COI and the Reported Date is June 6, 2015. How? It was removed.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
php111
Regular Contributor

Re: How accurate is CreditKarma for reviewing reports?

I did a Google search and COI is Convergent so how and why was it removed and than re-added?

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you working with someone to "fix" your credit? The reason I ask is because they will get creditors to remove items but it's not a guarantee that it will not be removed. What is the length of time that it was removed? I think that Credit Karma is accurate when it comes to monitoring your credit but not the scores. SInce I just got the monitoring with MyFico I see a major difference in my scores vs CK. However, the accounts are the same.

Message 3 of 18
php111
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you working with someone to "fix" your credit? The reason I ask is because they will get creditors to remove items but it's not a guarantee that it will not be removed. What is the length of time that it was removed? I think that Credit Karma is accurate when it comes to monitoring your credit but not the scores. SInce I just got the monitoring with MyFico I see a major difference in my scores vs CK. However, the accounts are the same.

No, I am not working with anyone.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that is strange. It may be something on the creditors end because they call themselves chaning the name that they are reporting under.

Message 5 of 18
php111
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that is strange. It may be something on the creditors end because they call themselves chaning the name that they are reporting under.

The only thing I "think" it might be but could it be because I setup a monthly payment plan with the CA and made a few payments and than failed to pay the rest?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

to see things on your report is accurrarte but as far as the scores go ... it aint.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@php111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing I "think" it might be but could it be because I setup a monthly payment plan with the CA and made a few payments and than failed to pay the rest?

Bingo!!! They maybe removed it with the assumption that you were going to pay it in full then they remove it if that was the agreement. But since you didn't and missed payments they just may have started back reporting.

Message 8 of 18
php111
Regular Contributor

What should I do now?

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had CK tell me that I had an account removed but when I scroll down the page the same account would be re-added.  The name of the creditor would be slightly different.  Like some part of the name would be abbreviated where it wasn't before.  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.