cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is CreditKarma for reviewing reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How accurate is CreditKarma for reviewing reports?

@php111 wrote:

What should I do now?

If you had an arrangement with them to PFD then I would start back paying it, after you find out if the agreement still stands.

Message 11 of 18
php111
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@php111 wrote:

What should I do now?

If you had an arrangement with them to PFD then I would start back paying it, after you find out if the agreement still stands.

They never agreed to do a PFD.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well to be honest, I'm not sure what could be going on in this situatuion. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give a suggestion to what is going on here.

Message 13 of 18
php111
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@php111 wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't be much help in the matter.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this happen once, maybe not your case, but here is what happened.

About half way through the 7 year fall off date I was paying a collection back, through payments like you. Midway through they sold my collection, removed it from my account. Yes a collection agency sold a collection? Strange but, never the less, it appeared a few months later with a new agency, and that agency didn't uphold the previous ones PFD. I assume that maybe collection agencies might be getting smarter about the PFD? And selling them to one another? I don't know for sure, it only happend to one of mine, I have not heard of it happening often.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well,ck has been fairly accurate for me.Heck,I got an alert from ck about a hard inquery pretty close to when it was actually placed on my profile(verified time with creditor)

What's odd is,I'm signed up for 3B credit monitoring here at myfico,and I didn't get a single alert..As far as everything else goes besides the score,it's worked out really well for me.
Message 17 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that Credit Karma is accurate when it comes to monitoring your credit but not the scores.

The scores are accurate but people need to understand that the target matters.  If you're looking to determine anything other than what your VantageScore 3.0 is for TU or EQ then you can't rely on CK's scores.  Always make sure you consider both the scoring model and CRA when comparing scores.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  Always expect different algorithms to produce different results even among the FICO models.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.