cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are programming errors(bugs) handled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are programming errors(bugs) handled?

dog wrote:
no bob, i am serious, i read on bankrate.com that that is how they calculate scores.  there was a lawsuit out of the 9th circuit court of appeals on a computer error similar to what you mentioned.  very interesting case.  this girl wasnt able to get financing for her breast augmentation b/c equifax reported that she had defaulted on her hooters mastercard, when in fact she had never been late, well, except for the one time that she got stiffed at hooters, but she miscarried.  the judge ruled that in order to be in compliance with federal law, each cra must use the process that i described above before handing out credit scores.  the cra appealed to the us supreme court, but withdrew their appeal because they did not want their name broadcast all over the media in a case called Doe v. Hooters, Equifax, et.al....if you dont believe me, go look it up. 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW....disregard my post before this one.....another one of them dam  blonde moments. Or, maybe I'll blame it on the hangover. But please believe me when i say i REALLY am a smart individual!!!!Smiley Very Happy I think I'll very quietly leave this thread for now and go activate my newest AMEX that came in the mail today...............................Smiley Wink

dog wrote:
no bob, i am serious, i read on bankrate.com that that is how they calculate scores.  there was a lawsuit out of the 9th circuit court of appeals on a computer error similar to what you mentioned.  very interesting case.  this girl wasnt able to get financing for her breast augmentation b/c equifax reported that she had defaulted on her hooters mastercard, when in fact she had never been late, well, except for the one time that she got stiffed at hooters, but she miscarried.  the judge ruled that in order to be in compliance with federal law, each cra must use the process that i described above before handing out credit scores.  the cra appealed to the us supreme court, but withdrew their appeal because they did not want their name broadcast all over the media in a case called Doe v. Hooters, Equifax, et.al....if you dont believe me, go look it up. 

Message Edited by flygirl on 07-05-2007 09:33 PM

Message Edited by flygirl on 07-05-2007 09:33 PM
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr Crocpa I am not feeling hostile like I was before. I apologise for the things I said. They were out of line.
The answer you just gave was the only one that even attempted to answer my question. I don't understand your hostility in the first thread.
Even now I reworded everything and still I get answers about Hooters and robots and God knows what else. People insinuating I lie. I've had enough.

Message Edited by posterbob on 07-05-2007 08:11 PM
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like controversy.  Bob is contrivertial.  I like Bob. Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I don't think those questions can be answered by anyone but someone from FICO management.  They are the ones who would have to make an executive decision on how to handle bugs.  And so would the CRAs given that they do perform their own calculations.

The same way I don't think anyone could speak for Ford or GM or the Chinese maufacturers who painted children's toys with paint containing lead.  Only they can do that.

The best we can do on this forum is guess. 

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-05-2007 08:16 PM
Message 15 of 20
Raine
Established Contributor

Like Trinigal, I believe this is a question that probably will not have an answer on these forums. There's really nobody qualified to give an official answer as far as I'm aware, so it's really all speculation.

If I end up needing to remove posts from here one more time, I'm going to shut this thread down. Just FYI. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm of the opinion that Fair Isaac likely introduces a certain amount of "noise" into the scoring results to try and make reverse-engineering the formula more difficult. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that a random number generator generates a number between 1 and 6, then flips a virtual coin to decide whether to add or subtract that number from your score on a given pull. Kind of like how the U.S. GPS satellite system would throw some noise into readings given to civilians...only the military had access to the precise data.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
I'm of the opinion that Fair Isaac likely introduces a certain amount of "noise" into the scoring results to try and make reverse-engineering the formula more difficult. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that a random number generator generates a number between 1 and 6, then flips a virtual coin to decide whether to add or subtract that number from your score on a given pull. Kind of like how the U.S. GPS satellite system would throw some noise into readings given to civilians...only the military had access to the precise data.

I'll go along with that one...just toss a coin to see if your score goes up today or down.Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

[edited out]

Posterbob, I understand, but if you're going to direct comments at me, please do so through my private message box to keep this thread a little more on topic. It's the little yellow envelope in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. If you'd like me to close this thread, I'd be more than happy to. Just let me know. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

--Raine

Message Edited by Raine on 07-05-2007 09:07 PM
Message 19 of 20
Raine
Established Contributor

Thread locked by request of posterbob. We both decided this thread wasn't going anywhere positive. Thanks to those who tried to help!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.