Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are utilities listed on CRs?

tag
shawnette
Regular Contributor

How are utilities listed on CRs?

I have a paid collection on my TU & EX that the CA refuses to remove, though they did update to "paid" (it was actually settled).  It's for a phone bill that I never received (switched to VOIP, then moved), but I paid it as soon as the CA sent notice. 

My question is should this account be listed as an installment account?  It's a utility, so shouldn't it be listed differently?  Can I dispute the account type? 

(Yes, I know I'm grasping at straws, but whatever works.  It's mine, I paid it but I want it gone!)

Also, this is another collection agency that isn't licensed in the state of Florida.  Does anyone have an example of a letter or statement I can send to convince them to delete?  I've already contacted the state and they've sent me the form to file a complaint, but I haven't done it yet.  I'd like to get the line removed before I send the complaint in.

TIA!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are utilities listed on CRs?

I believe it should be listed as utility   BUT if you dispute it it will be updated & could hurt.

If the bill was from out of state & went to a CA....they do not have to be licensed in Fl.!

If you moved within Fl. they do.
Message 2 of 3
shawnette
Regular Contributor

Re: How are utilities listed on CRs?

HappyDays wrote:
I believe it should be listed as utility   BUT if you dispute it it will be updated & could hurt.

If the bill was from out of state & went to a CA....they do not have to be licensed in Fl.!

If you moved within Fl. they do.

Thanks!!  It's just been updated as paid $0 balance so it can't really hurt any more than it already does.

The bill is in-state and according to the rep I spoke with at the OFR, all collection agencies must be licensed in Florida in order to collect from Florida residents, with the exception of lawyers.

Message Edited by shawnette on 04-05-2008 08:23 PM

Message Edited by shawnette on 04-05-2008 08:24 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.