Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How big is your myfico file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How big is your myfico file

How many purchases do you have through myfico?

Crap, I think I'm addicted.  I have made 7 purchases for score/report in the last few months alone.  Right now I'm am trying my best not to hit the purchase button for my TU which has just been updated.  Am I the only one???  Someone make me feel better.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How big is your myfico file

IF your rebuilding- I say you are pulling too much

If you are getting ready to do a mortgage or buy a car- this is $ well spent.

I hope you are using discount codes -

BTW- you are not alone- seeing FICO score improvement ranks up there with "Your approved"

@Anonymous wrote:
Crap, I think I'm addicted. I have made 7 purchases for score/report in the last few months alone. Right now I'm am trying my best not to hit the purchase button for my TU which has just been updated. Am I the only one??? Someone make me feel better.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

willows, I've made 2 purchases through myFiCO since April of this year. But I am soooooo with you there, in being tempted to hit the buy button. But I know it won't do any good to hit it frequently. Besides, it's awfully expensive!(at least it is for me).

Anytime I do ANYTHING(apply for a cc, receive a cc, contemplate a new car, etc, etc, etc), I want to pull the CR(and scores) to see how I stand. I'm still waiting for WaMu to start reporting on my new cc. And the only way I can be sure is to pull a CR. More expense. uggghhh. More conflict! LOL.

No matter how tempted I am to buy a CR, I know it won't do any good to check more than once a month, because the way I look at it, if I graph my scores it'll look like a roller coaster. Continously moving up and down....peaks and valleys. I know at some point in time it will stabilize out. But not as long as I'm doing stuff to effect it.

Gads. Talk about rambling and saying nothing! Smiley Tongue What can I say? I just like to talk. lol
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

At least I know I'm not the only FICO junkie. I've pulled all 3 FICO scores twice a month (1st and 15th) every month since August 1 for both myself and my wife. That's 7 times x 2 x $38 (w/ discount). It adds up but it's worth it. I also pull TC 3x/month for both of us and order the CR directly from the CRA once every other month one time.

It's not an obsession, ...well, maybe a little.

There are reasons though: 1) you get to see the cause and effect relationship of disputing, 2) pulling frequently allows you to see when your accounts report to the CRAs, 3) if a baddie pops up, you can react to it prior to applying for credit, and save yourself inquiries, 4) during credit repair, you can easily catch any violations, and 5) its hard to react to any baddie if you didn't see it on your report to begin with.

Once we get rid of any negative info, we'll taper off to 1x/month up to the point we buy a house (next year).

Message Edited by llecs on 11-08-2007 01:56 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are reasons though: 1) you get to see the cause and effect relationship of disputing, 2) pulling frequently allows you to see when your accounts report to the CRAs, 3) if a baddie pops up, you can react to it prior to applying for credit, and save yourself inquiries, 4) during credit repair, you can easily catch any violations, and 5) its hard to react to any baddie if you didn't see it on your report to begin with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is exactly why I keep pulling.  I pulled all three initially.  Found so many errors.  I've disputed and bought new ones.  (well, except one I couldn't wait for final results...).  The fact that my scores have gone up, up, up makes me want to keep checking to see if it keeps going up.  lol  I guess it would be different if all my disputes were settled and I was satisfied with my credit file.  It's just that I've accomplished so much in the past 3 months (didn't check report after bk and and went 3 years without a cc..... now I have a whole bunch of disputes and 2 new small lines of credit)

I think I am going to stop at least until after christmas.  That money could be used for kids xmas gifts instead. 
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Crap, I think I'm addicted. I have made 7 purchases for score/report in the last few months alone. Right now I'm am trying my best not to hit the purchase button for my TU which has just been updated. Am I the only one??? Someone make me feel better.

7 in several months? Sweetie, you're not addicted yet --you're still just barely sippin'! Smiley Very Happy

I'm getting better, though. Really, I am. Sure would like to have some sort of bulk rate, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 since august. The three in one purchase.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.