cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Eq do this. They flushed my account because of dispute. So so so so MAD.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can Eq do this. They flushed my account because of dispute. So so so so MAD.

This hurts my credit. I disputed a simple mistake. They never fixed the mistake and responded we deleted "all" account information. WHAT!@!! I looked at my CR and this old account looks like it was just added with a fresh start and no history. All my hard work paid on time history flushed away. Gone, all of it!!!!! SO MAD. And the error is still on the account to boot.

They can reverse the dispute right? I have copies of old CR's on file with them online in PDF format.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can Eq do this. They flushed my account because of dispute. So so so so MAD.

They said they will add it back with in 5 days. They said we agree it was in error, but there is no proof the error was on the Eq side because it is possible that you may have described the information incorrectly over the phone dispute. Words don't even sound the same. They really didn't give me an argument. The CSR expedited the reinvestigation to complete with in 5 days. 5 days too long.

I think it is better to do disputes online where there you type the specific info so there is a clear record on the dispute of your request should a mistake happen. Easier to reverse. But most likely they just put a check mark in the wrong spot and just wiped it out.
Message 2 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How can Eq do this. They flushed my account because of dispute. So so so so MAD.

@Anonymous wrote:
They said they will add it back with in 5 days. They said we agree it was in error, but there is no proof the error was on the Eq side because it is possible that you may have described the information incorrectly over the phone dispute. Words don't even sound the same. They really didn't give me an argument. The CSR expedited the reinvestigation to complete with in 5 days. 5 days too long.

I think it is better to do disputes online where there you type the specific info so there is a clear record on the dispute of your request should a mistake happen. Easier to reverse. But most likely they just put a check mark in the wrong spot and just wiped it out.

Hey Pizza, at least they are putting it back on there. Thank God for that. I like written disputes myself. The online ones seem too restrictive. I usually type it up and send it snail mail, but lately, I have been using the fax, because I needed stuff to happen quickly.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard about people having their entire accounts deleted by mistake with disputes. I see how this happens now. Hope it goes back as easily as it came off. I was banking on that history to boost my score.
Message 4 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I've heard about people having their entire accounts deleted by mistake with disputes. I see how this happens now. Hope it goes back as easily as it came off. I was banking on that history to boost my score.

I just disputed a status error with both TU & EQ. TU deleted the entire thing. EQ fixed the error.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrrr TU Completely deleted my trade lines from disputes. CR score down the TUBES!!!!! Now I am worried!
Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Arrrr TU Completely deleted my trade lines from disputes. CR score down the TUBES!!!!! Now I am worried!

TU is a hater! They would just rather screw you over than to fix their error. I am sure that I lost some points on that transaction as well. Sorry to hear that Pizza.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.