cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out who the Collection Agency is?

tag
ChrisinKC
New Contributor

How can I find out who the Collection Agency is?

On my credit report, they show the Collection Agency of 615yc00000.  First of all, why does FICO even allow that as a name of a Collection Agency, and second how can I find out who it really is?  Since I have no idea who this company is, I have no idea if I actually owe them money.  I don't remember owing anyone $77.00, but I'm afraid that if I dispute it and it doesn't get removed, it will be re-aged for another billion years.  Can anyone please help me?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sl
Established Contributor

Re: How can I find out who the Collection Agency is?

Call the company whose cr you pulled and they will tell you. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I find out who the Collection Agency is?

@ChrisinKC wrote:
On my credit report, they show the Collection Agency of 615yc00000. First of all, why does FICO even allow that as a name of a Collection Agency, and second how can I find out who it really is? Since I have no idea who this company is, I have no idea if I actually owe them money. I don't remember owing anyone $77.00, but I'm afraid that if I dispute it and it doesn't get removed, it will be re-aged for another billion years. Can anyone please help me?

Coded collection account names usually indicate a medical collection, and are intentionally coded like that for legal reasons. Can you associate a doctor's office visit or an ER visit with the date on that account? Otherwise, as sl said, call the CRA to get the complete contact information.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.