Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix this situation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I fix this situation?

When I was 18 or 19 years old my mom was working as a manager at a department store and she had a credit card for that store in her name. After maxing out that card she decided she needed another card so she opened one in my name without me knowing about it. She's my mother so obviously she had all of the information she needed to open an account for me. She then went over the credit limit on the new card under my name and also missed some payments. The card has been closed for a while now but it still shows up with a few negative marks on my credit. My question for everyone is how can I get rid of this on my credit? Is there anything I can do to have it all removed or cleaned up, or possibly even moved to her credit report instead? Thanks for the help everyone.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I fix this situation?

HkySk8r187 wrote:
When I was 18 or 19 years old my mom was working as a manager at a department store and she had a credit card for that store in her name. After maxing out that card she decided she needed another card so she opened one in my name without me knowing about it. She's my mother so obviously she had all of the information she needed to open an account for me. She then went over the credit limit on the new card under my name and also missed some payments. The card has been closed for a while now but it still shows up with a few negative marks on my credit. My question for everyone is how can I get rid of this on my credit? Is there anything I can do to have it all removed or cleaned up, or possibly even moved to her credit report instead? Thanks for the help everyone.

Ouch. You could dispute it as not yours.

If you try to have it added to mom's credit, then she will be in trouble for ID theft/fraud.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.