cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a Fraud Affidavit from the Credit Company When they say they won't issue one

tag
ssnova
Valued Member

How can I get a Fraud Affidavit from the Credit Company When they say they won't issue one

for Charged off accounts.  My mother needs to file a report with the police precinct.  We live in NYC and they required a notarized affidavit.  The credit card company refuses to provide one because they said the account is in charged off status.  My mother did not know about the credit card because it is fraud committed within the household she only came to find out in April when she ran her credit report.  It has become very frustrating to deal with the credit card companies in getting all the paperwork for this.  Do they not want to help.  IN particular this company that won't provide the affidavit has been rude every time and not given us all the information and something new pops up each time.  Additionally, when we were provided with the credit card application her birth year was wrong and household income was totally off.  We just want to move forward but the NYPD won't look at it without a notarized affidavit.  Does anyone have any advice?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Re: How can I get a Fraud Affidavit from the Credit Company When they say they won't issue one

First and foremost, "Do not Dispute by Phone"

Write a letter to the CEO of the Credit Card Issuer disputing the account.

Provide documentation as to "Why" the account is not your mothers.

Keep all correspondence.

Maintain a paper trial.

Police Reports of theft is "NOT" a requirement

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.