Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I rise my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I rise my credit score?

My husband and I were trying to purchase a home but we need to raise our credit score and I heard about this credit enhancement program that will raise your score to 720 but it costs 750 dollars, any suggestions you have?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How can I rise my credit score?

I am not sure what program you are speaking of but, if you have to pay someone to raise your score it is either a scam or just not likely to happen.  Why waste the money when you can do everything yourself.

Keep in mind that credit repair can be a long road but so worth it.

The first thing you need to do is get all of your credit reports from:  https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/order.

Go over them carefully.  List all of the negatives back here, leaving out personal info, and someone will reply.

Welcome to the Forums!  You will find all the resources you need to clean up and maintain your credit.

The people here are knowledgeable, friendly and very willing to help.

There are a few threads you may want to read first:

Credit Scoring 101 - by Tuscani   Guide to Common Abbreviations  and Other Frequently Requested Threads

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

If someone is offering to "enhance" your credit score for $$$, then it is a $cam. Please follow the sage advice of guiness56.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The people here are knowledgeable, friendly and very willing to help.

I second that!!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visit your local credit union and ask them if they offer share secured loans. They are great for building credit while paying minimal interest. It is basically a loan using your savings account as collateral and they usually start with a minimum of $500.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the 720 score for $750 thing was true, it would be worth every penny.

It's up to YOU to raise your own score. It will take time, more time and ever more patience.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.