cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I start over with old Creditors that were COs?

tag
miskiss
New Contributor

How can I start over with old Creditors that were COs?

When everything went down, it flooded. I had every credit card in the book when I was put on bed rest for a full year in 2000. All of my savings gone and no income, I had no way to stop everything from crashing. My credit has improved a little since then, and now that I am "starting over," I'm wondering if any of the old creditors that CO my old bad debts will give me credit in the future?

These are the cards I might be interested in reapplying for:

Citibank ~ CO
Target ~ CO
Mervyn's ~ CO
Sears ~ CO

Anyone know if they give second chances?

Thanks!
Misti

11/2/2019: EQ 699, TU 649, EX 652. 6/15/2019: EQ 682, TU 621, EX 630 "The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I start over with old Creditors that were COs?

I'm not sure about the COs.... but check out www.whogavemecredit.com for various cards and people who were approved for them.  I know some of the comments said something about being a CO previously.  Be careful that they don't throw in some kind of provision that says when you open a new card, your old balance transfers over, too.  Just a thought.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know CITI won't consider if you did not pay the CO.

Big difference in a paid CO and unpaid CO. Many lenders will "Blacklist"
Message 3 of 5
miskiss
New Contributor

Ok, actually Citibank is the one that I would like to have back the most. When it all went down, my credit limit with them was $800, and after the intital fees to $900. Of course by the time they sold it to a CA it was around $1600. At this time it has almost doubled.

So, can I call Citibank or write them to ask that they buy back this collection and restablish my TL so I can pay it to them. I could have it paid down in about 2 months or so to nearly zero if they will give me the chance. This one is one of the major baddies on my account. On TU it is actually showing twice, the first as $1658, and then again after sold (many times) now it is showing a balance of $2505 since 11/06.  I know it first went delinquent in early 2004.  I already disputed the first as listed twice on TU.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to go about this?

Thanks so much for your help,
Misti

Message Edited by miskiss on 10-24-2007 08:35 AM
11/2/2019: EQ 699, TU 649, EX 652. 6/15/2019: EQ 682, TU 621, EX 630 "The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Message 4 of 5
miskiss
New Contributor

Is there anything that I can do to correct the "Blacklist" membership?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.