Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can they do this?

tag
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

How can they do this?

So I pulled my updated credit report and found under inquries that there is an attorney Riddles&Associates and considered a hard pull.  They are trying to collect on a First Premier account.  They have been calling and I recently got a letter stating they are trying to collct a debt and I have a right to ask them to validate which I did.  Heres the thing there address is a PO Box so chances of me sending it CMRRR and receiving anything back are slim to none.  Can they do this? What can I do? How do I disputes inquries I don't know about?  There is another I don't who they are or what they want.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: How can they do this?

You're going to have to track down a physical address.

Is this a debt you owe or fraud?
Message 2 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I owe it and they sent an offer of 30% and that's fine but I want it off my CR before paying but I'm not even sure if they can validate the account.  The account was open in 1999 and CR shows DOLA 2003 which isn't true I didn't have the card anymore.
Message 3 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Just went on the website and found an address after reading some of the things other people had to say.  Thank you so much.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thotgal320 wrote:
So I pulled my updated credit report and found under inquries that there is an attorney Riddles&Associates and considered a hard pull.  They are trying to collect on a First Premier account.  They have been calling and I recently got a letter stating they are trying to collct a debt and I have a right to ask them to validate which I did.  Heres the thing there address is a PO Box so chances of me sending it CMRRR and receiving anything back are slim to none.  Can they do this? What can I do? How do I disputes inquries I don't know about?  There is another I don't who they are or what they want.

Send a DV  to the PO Box that is on your CR!!!!!!!   CMRRR

It could be past SOL and CRTP!     is the OC still reporting??  if so look for the drop date

send this letter to them at the same time  NO PP

Non-PP Puller Company
Address
City State Zip Code

To Whom It May Concern:

I have noticed that you have placed an inquiry on my _________ credit file dated ________. As you probably know, Credit Reporting Agencies treat inquiries as a statement of fact and will not allow a consumer to dispute them. Since it is against federal law (Fair Credit Reporting Act -- 15 USC § 1681n(a)(1)(B) for an entity to view a consumer’s credit report without a "permissible purpose," I am writing to inquire as to your alleged purpose for doing so since I did not apply for employment with your organization nor did I request credit from your organization.

[Describe any additional details about the inquiry here if need be. For example, your a subscriber to XXXX monitoring service and XXXX company pulled a "hard inquiry" on one of your reports.]

Based on the evidence in my possession, this inquiry was performed under false pretenses as described in the clear language of the law. 15 USC §1681n(a)(1)(B ) states, in part, "in the case of liability of a natural person for obtaining a consumer report under false pretenses or knowingly without a permissible purpose, actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure or $1,000, whichever is greater;"

You are civilly liable to me in the amount of $1,000.00 for your willful violation of the law -- performing a "hard inquiry" on my __________ file without my permission. I do hope that we can settle this matter amicably. You can remove the inquiry within one (1) business day of the receipt of this notice. Or, we can meet in court where you will end up removing the inquiry, paying me the civil liability fine, punitive damages for my score drop, plus court and attorney fees. The choice is up to you.
Please contact me immediately at the address listed below.

Sincerely,
TYPE NAME ONLY!  do not sign
Consumer
Address
City State Zip Code

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-08-2008 05:16 PM
Message 5 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I will definitely use this letter and I found a physical address so do I send this letter the the address or still to the Po Box?
Message 6 of 9
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Use the address that shows on your credit report.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 7 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I will thank you all for help.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays,

Thats a great letter! I will be using it too. Thanks for posting it!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.