cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come my CA was deleted from some but reporting on others?

tag
blairwilkins

How come my CA was deleted from some but reporting on others?

So I had 3 CA that were reporting on TU, EQ, EX and were all mine. I have disputed all 3 CAs with the bureaus with legit reasons and some came off, while others stayd on. (I am going to obreviate the collection agencies as CA 1, CA 2. and CA 3 to make it easier to visualize) Now my credit report looks like this:

TU: CA 1 reporting still (CA 2 and 3 removed)

EQ: CA 2 reporting still (CA 1 and 3 removed)

EX: CA 2 and CA 3 still reporting (CA 1 removed)

As you can see all have been removed one way or another, but not all three. What gives? I thought if one removed the other would follow... As you can see that didnt happen.  What advice can anyone give me to get them off. I sent the same letter of dispute to all 3 bureaus.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How come my CA was deleted from some but reporting on others?

What were your reasons for dispute?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
blairwilkins

CA 1: I turned in Cable box back to Comcast before I was ever sent collection notice.

CA 2: I lived in house for 1 day and moved out due to a murder taking place in my front yard. Bill never forwarded and I paid as soon as I was sent a collection notice, but they still reported even though I paid the day I finally received a notice.

CA 3: The original debtor sent letters to all 3 bureaus requesting to remove because it was a last bill forward error on their part.  They didnt imput my forward address correctly. 

Message Edited by blairwilkins on 11-21-2008 11:59 PM
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

on CA 2, paying a collection doesn't remove it. Unfortunately, collections are on your report to show that things supposedly got bad enough that you were sent to collections, not because you have an unpaid collection.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

It's always a coin toss when you attempt to dispute with the CRAs. If in fact these CAs have agreed that they should be removed (and I only see that OC for CA3 has done that), then you need to have them redo the letters or send you the letters so that you can send them back to the CRAs along with a letter requesting a deletion from you or they face lawsuit. Alternatively, you can DV the CA. They shouldn't be able to validate, based off of what you have stated here.

As for CA1, you need to speak with comcast to get rid of it, or send a DV to CA.

CA2--I get why you moved, but did landlord agree that you would be released from your lease? They seem to be well within their rights to send you to collections, at least from what you have posted here, IMO. You should work directly with your landlord to get this pulled from the CA and get it removed from your CRs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.