Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did FICO calculate my UTIL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did FICO calculate my UTIL?

Just got my quarterly TU FICO score and have a score of 761, which I am very happy about. However, it says my ratio of revolving balances to cred limits is 76% and cannot understand where this number came from. My accounts and balances are:

Cap1 - Balance of $223, $750 limit.

AU on Amex Gold Charge- Balance of $1,500, no limit

AU on Discover Card- Balance of $76, $14,400 limit.

Federal Student Loan- $2,750.

When apping for credit cards, will they take FICO's UTL number or calculate their own? Because I believe it should be around 10% and FICO's calculation seems to have an error unless I am calculating wrong.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How did FICO calculate my UTIL?

If the Amex Gold reports on the TU report, what is the listed "high balance"?

Do you have any other TLs listed like a HELOC or LOC?

Do you have any closed accounts with a balance reporting that isn't included in the three above? Any CO CC accounts w/ a balance?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does list that past high balance as 1,500... And everything that is on my CR is what I listed, no TL's or closed accounts.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And there is absolutely nothing else listed on the Accounts page aside from these 4?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No there isnt. Just these accounts.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this seem to be an error?

EDIT: I called FICO and apparently the discover account is in dispute, even though I never disputed it. So it isnt reporting the credit limit.
When applying for credit, do companies leave out an account when it is listed as being in dispute?

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ah ha! While the TL is still reported, FICO will ignore certain aspects of the TL while in dispute like the balance and the CL.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.