Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel a request to dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I cancel a request to dispute?

I initiated a dispute by mistake.  I realized after the fact that what I had thought was wrong and need to stop the process as quickly as possible!  I did so through Equifax.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I cancel a request to dispute?

CharlieB1979 wrote:
I initiated a dispute by mistake.  I realized after the fact that what I had thought was wrong and need to stop the process as quickly as possible!  I did so through Equifax.

You can try calling but it might be an uphill battle.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I also inititated disputes and now am told that I have to get letters from each of the parties explaining their positions....this wiill stop me from getting a new refinance i am told....Can I cancel teh disputes and avoid having to try to get letters from teh vendors???

C

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I also inititated disputes and now am told that I have to get letters from each of the parties explaining their positions....this wiill stop me from getting a new refinance i am told....Can I cancel teh disputes and avoid having to try to get letters from teh vendors???

C

There is information in the mortgage forum on how to deal with disputes for refinances and new loans.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Try this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.