Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I check who made soft pulls?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

How do I check who made soft pulls?

Hi!

How do I check which banks (or who in general) made soft pulls on my CR?
Is there a monitoring service that charges a monthly fee as opposed to having to pay for each individual report each time to see this? Preferably one that allows a new report daily, or weekly, or even bi-weekly as opposed to once a month if there's any.

Thanks!!!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I check who made soft pulls?

Annualcreditreport.com. You are technically entitled to one free report each year from each cra, which will show all the recent sps ( though I'm sure some abuse the system and pull multiple times annually). In addition, you are entitled to a fresh report in the event you recieve any kind of denial/aa. 

Soft pulls will not show up on any of the monitoring services. To my knowledge, they do not show up on the reports that you can buy on myfico either.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1.   Also if you purchase your reports  directly from the CRAs it will show soft pulls.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

so i will have to buy reports each time to see them? Smiley Sad 

is that how people see them for amex pulls before CLI?

what if i get some kind of monitoring service from the CRAs directly?

Another question: I have -$980 (approx) balance on my WF due to a return.

Statement due date is tomorrow and I requested WF to disburse me a check. What happens if a negative balance is reported to CRAs? Will having a negative utilization ratio be bad? or just regarded as 0% util overall.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 12
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

This is how I responded to that question yesterday:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Will-this-affect-my-Amex-3x-CLI-chances/m-p/1920499#M53...

Hope it helps!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

so i will have to buy reports each time to see them? Smiley Sad 

is that how people see them for amex pulls before CLI?

what if i get some kind of monitoring service from the CRAs directly?

Having tried Equifax's service before, I can say no, they don't show you soft pulls. Actually, I'm not even sure they give you FICO scores. The TU score they gave me was almost definitely a FAKO.

Message 6 of 12
shols44
Frequent Contributor

There are two ways to do this. 

1. Signup for any equifax daily monitoring service. You could try E Advantage for 30 days free. Once you retreive your report daily, go to inquiries. All soft pulls will be listed. 

2. If you initiate a dispute, your report will be loaded. Under inquiries, all softs will also be listed. This will work for experian and TU because I don't think any specific monitoring services list softs for those two. You can repeatedly view your experian report once you have a "recentish" report number via experian.com/viewreport.

Annualcreditreport also works, but its only once a year. Who wants to wait that long right?

Cheers

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 12
culture
Regular Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

There are two ways to do this. 

1. Signup for any equifax daily monitoring service. You could try E Advantage for 30 days free. Once you retreive your report daily, go to inquiries. All soft pulls will be listed. 

2. If you initiate a dispute, your report will be loaded. Under inquiries, all softs will also be listed. This will work for experian and TU because I don't think any specific monitoring services list softs for those two. You can repeatedly view your experian report once you have a "recentish" report number via experian.com/viewreport.

Annualcreditreport also works, but its only once a year. Who wants to wait that long right?

Cheers

great info,, anyone with more ideas  ?

Message 8 of 12
NCGirl
New Contributor

I pay for monitoring through Equifax and Experian. The only one that shows soft inquiries is Equifax. However, I did contact the company who does the monitoring for Experian and she said that she would bring it up in their next meeting... so you never know, if more people contact Experian and let them know that Equifax does show soft Inquires, they may just change it.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 9 of 12
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Transunion credit monitoring service, formerly truecredit shows soft pulls for 14.95 a month i believe although the sp section does not show dates sadly.

If you initiate a dispute with experian or you get a denial due to a hp on experian, you can use that to access your experian report on a daily basis for up to 3 months and that shows sp's for experian.

not sure about equifax.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.