cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the DOFD if it's not on any of the credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find the DOFD if it's not on any of the credit reports?

I want to find out the DOFD, but unfortunately it's not on any of my credit reports. How can I find this information?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I find the DOFD if it's not on any of the credit reports?

IMO, I do not trust any of the dates listed in the reports. However, if you were to pull the CR directly from TU and EX, there is a line item on both of those reports that says something like "Estimated date of removal..." or something like that. You can take that date and subtract it by 7 years and you'll get DOFD. EQ doesn't have that function. In any case, you could call each CRA to confirm its removal and calculate DOFD that way too.
Message 2 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Call the CRA and ask them. Do you have any records, like cancelled checks? 
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might have some old statements or some old credit reports in my files that have info.. cross your fingers..
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the CRA and asked.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call. I just bought my report directly from EX because I didn't have dates either from the reports that i got through suze orman's kit....nothing was on the one i just bought either. Just wasted $10Smiley Happy So now I'm going to call....rather be safe than sorry dealing with the CA.
Message 6 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Call the CRA, put on a blonde wig and ask.  Make sure the CSR knows that you are not calling to dispute the item.  "I just need to verify a drop date, this is NOT a dispute.  So, how's the weather in (Texas) (Pennsylvania) (Atlanta)?"

I've called and asked TU, EQ and EX about a chargoff that is due to drop in September of this year.  It was paid shortly after it went "bad."

EQ and TU have the date correct, DOFD 09/03, TU said dropoff 5/08 (YAY!), EQ said dropoff 9/08 (oh, fine).  EX hates the living sh*t out of me and says it won't drop until 9/10.  I tried sweetness and explaining NY statute that dictates paid collections can not be reported for more than five years: they were rudeness embodied and basically told me I was SOL (and that is NOT "Statute of limitations"). 

~~shrug~~

Lawyer's conference call tomorrow afternoon.  I've added this one to the primary "How many lawsuits are we going to file?" list.

atlast...looking for credit Zen

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 04-10-2008 08:22 PM
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.