Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of 10 yr old delinquencies on my reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get rid of 10 yr old delinquencies on my reports

Hello Everyone,

First time joining this forum...Hopefully someone can help me.  I currently have some student loans on my report that are showing as being late back in 1996 and some in 1992.  I transfered those balances to another lender a long time ago and I've never been late with this lender.  On my credit report it's still showing that I've had delinguencies with the old lender back over ten years ago.  I thought delinquencies only last for no more than 7 yrs??  Please help me understand this and if so can I have this removed from my credit...any feedback would be great. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get rid of 10 yr old delinquencies on my reports

Dispute it with the CRAs as too old to report.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All three are reporting it.....what are the chances that they'll remove it??  and what is the best way to dispute it?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances are good. Then again maybe they'll be stupid and you can get your name as the plaintiff in a FCRA lawsuit against the CRAs--along with a $100K award. However, since it's lates from 1992 and 1996, it shouldn't be a problem.

You can dispute it online, in writing, over the phone, or via fax. If you have access to a fax machine, I find that's the easiest way. No waiting on hold and no waiting on the USPS.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.