Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I handle this

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I handle this

I have a collection on my account from GEMB/Best Buy. I called the number on my credit report becasue I didn't not reconize the account. They pulled up the account and said they do not have any information on it because the account was bought by Arrow Financial. I don't have an entry for any debt on my account from Arrow. The rep suggested that I call Arrow to obtain any information.

Should I send a DV letter to GEMB/Best Buy in an attempt to have this removed? How should I proceed? The account from what it says was charged off in October of 2002.

Any help would be great appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I handle this

Dispute the acct right now.

Keep an eye out for a CA notice or it to pop up on your report- if this happens DV it immediately.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To whom do I dispute... The CRA's?

Or do I dispute with GEMB?

Message Edited by kameleon on 10-04-2007 08:15 AM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRA's
I would do this one in writing and not online.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The CRA's
I would do this one in writing and not online.

@Anonymous wrote:

Timothy,

Thanks for your input. I will hope on this right away. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
future
Frequent Contributor

kameleon wrote:
I have a collection on my account from GEMB/Best Buy. I called the number on my credit report becasue I didn't not reconize the account. They pulled up the account and said they do not have any information on it because the account was bought by Arrow Financial. I don't have an entry for any debt on my account from Arrow. The rep suggested that I call Arrow to obtain any information.

Should I send a DV letter to GEMB/Best Buy in an attempt to have this removed? How should I proceed? The account from what it says was charged off in October of 2002.

Any help would be great appreciated.

dispute it. the ca doesn't have the info. you can do it online they will delete it quickly
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not disput it or touch it until you know what your SOL is.  If DOFD is 2002  it will drop of report in 2009

SOL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.