Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep up with my score?

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: How do I keep up with my score?

The credit card companies are getting better about providing FICO scores. I can now get all three of my FICO scores for free from the cards I have. Not all of them provide the score on a set schedule. Plus, I can't see my reports that way. I still have a CCT subscription at the $14.95 rate so I can see my daily report from Experian and all three once a month. I think CCT is the best deal right now.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too use CCT and received the 1/2 price for 5 years.  You can also do something similiar with myFICO, though it involves canceling every other month.  Buy subscription, cancel at the end of month 1, it continues to monitors for another month, then repeat.  Not sure if it will keep working forever though.  (I have no intention of testing it).  I have heard some people say they just keep running the CCT trial continually.  $4 per month that way, though I am not sure how long it would keep working before they hate you. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would they do that? You would think they wouldn't let a person have the trial over and over.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How would they do that? You would think they wouldn't let a person have the trial over and over.

I have run the trial over and over without an issue.  If scores are all you're after, there's simply no reason to have anything more than the trial.  If you spend $2/mo on 2 trials you can pull your scores 4x that month... basically a set of 3 scores every week for a month for 2 bucks.  You can't beat that.  If you're comfortable with getting your scores and 3B reports 4x/mo, if that suits your needs, there is zero reason to ever pay more than 2 bucks a month.

Those that are paying more I would assume are wanting to get updates to their data more frequently than once per week which is fine and all if that's your goal... but for me, once per week for $2/mo is more than adequate.  And, should you decide you don't need your scores/reports updated for any reason such as you know that literally nothing has changed you simply don't spend that buck or two that month.  Simple stuff but very effective IMO.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wallethub is another good tool to get daily updates on transunion, but don't trust the scores.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.