Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know what is a HP on my CR?

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

How do I know what is a HP on my CR?

I have applied/gotten various CCs in the past few months, a new cell plan and a new car. How can I tell which os these were a HP verses SP? How does a HP affect a credit score? And how long does that count against the score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do I know what is a HP on my CR?

HPs are first in the inquiry section, then the SPs section follows and is typically presented with "inquires only seen by you" on the report. Not all SPs are not available for viewing on some online reports so hard copies are usually required from the CRAs directly to see them.

Message 2 of 4
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

HPs are first in the inquiry section, then the SPs section follows and is typically presented with "inquires only seen by you" on the report. Not all SPs are not available for viewing on some online reports so hard copies are usually required from the CRAs directly to see them.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Not all SPs are not available for viewing on some online reports so hard copies are usually required from the CRAs directly to see them.

You can view them online you just have to get them directly from a CRA.  A report pulled from a CMS won' t have the SP's.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.