cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I request documentation of what an OC has reported to CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I request documentation of what an OC has reported to CRA's?

First, I would like to thank the many contributors for all the wonderful information that is posted. I have used many of the suggestions here and have generally received positive results. I am down to one final account for which I need advise. I have gone through the CRA's and even sent out GW letters but to no avail. My question is this ... do I have a right to ask for proof of what is being reported? I question Ford's reporting but do not have any supporting documentation. Is there some rule I can invoke by which they must provide me with records supporting their reporting of my account to the CRA's?

Thanks
jobaile
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I request documentation of what an OC has reported to CRA's?

@Anonymous wrote:
First, I would like to thank the many contributors for all the wonderful information that is posted. I have used many of the suggestions here and have generally received positive results. I am down to one final account for which I need advise. I have gone through the CRA's and even sent out GW letters but to no avail. My question is this ... do I have a right to ask for proof of what is being reported? I question Ford's reporting but do not have any supporting documentation. Is there some rule I can invoke by which they must provide me with records supporting their reporting of my account to the CRA's?
Thanks
jobaile

jobaile, not that I know of, of the OC(Ford). But there IS a way for the CA, in the form of a Debt Validation. Type in search box "DV Letter".

As I understand it, they have to provide you complete documentation, that supports their collection claim.

Hope that helps
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.