cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I speak to actual person at Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I speak to actual person at Experian?

So I just got my denial letter from AMEX for a Blue Cash Everyday. The reasons for our decision: Your FICO score. They pulled my Experian report and are stating my FICO score is 655. This is clearly wrong. My EQ was 698 and is now 780, so there is no way EX should be that low.

I tried to request an updated copy of my Experian report through Experian's website along with the calling the number, and both time was told the request could not be processed. I'm assuming this is because I have obtained my free Experian report within the past few months and am not eligible for a free one at this time. I refuse to pay for one, and I am entitled to a free one. I also shouldn't have to leave a paper trail and send them all of this private information through the mail to obtain my updated report.

Can someone give me a number or tell me how to reach them?

I really getting frustrated with this whole credit thing. I'm a responsible individual.... GIVE ME A CREDIT CARD!

And the guy at the AMEX credit bureau told me today that the 30th of last month they did report to all the credit bureaus that the card I was an AU on was cancelled and was reporting a $0 balance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I speak to actual person at Experian?

since you have been denied credit, go to this thread and look at the 2nd response and click EX and it will take you to a site to get your free credit report since you were denied credit.

hope this helped

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-to-get-free-credit-report/td-p/506356

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:

since you have been denied credit, go to this thread and look at the 2nd response and click EX and it will take you to a site to get your free credit report since you were denied credit.

hope this helped

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-to-get-free-credit-report/td-p/506356

Thanks for the response. That was exact method I used to obtain the report. When I got to the end an error message came up stating they were not unable to complete the request and to call 800-874-2717. I called the number and recieved the same error. I then called AMEX, and the guy said everything was good on their end and to call 888-397-3742. He told me if I follewed the correct menu options I would be able to speak to someone. Both numbers seemed to route to the same place, and I was unable to find a way to speak with someone.

Message 3 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

1800-EXPERIAN

Hit 0 4 times and make sure you have a current Experian CR #. That will get you in with an agent.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.

I got a hold of someone, and was able to get my most up to date report. It seems as though the AMEX that I was removed as an authorized user from almost a month ago is reported for april, so I guess I have to wait till next month....?

Good news is I accepted an offer for an engineering position today, and with my current FICO should be able to meet the requirement for almost any card once it drops off.

Today was a good day!

Message 6 of 10
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys.

I got a hold of someone, and was able to get my most up to date report. It seems as though the AMEX that I was removed as an authorized user from almost a month ago is reported for april, so I guess I have to wait till next month....?

Good news is I accepted an offer for an engineering position today, and with my current FICO should be able to meet the requirement for almost any card once it drops off.

Today was a good day!

Congrats on the new position! I am sure you will get your report soon.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 10
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

doesnt amex use their own in house scoring but use experian as source?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rootpooty wrote:

doesnt amex use their own in house scoring but use experian as source?

They do use their own internal scoring method, but they've used FICO in the past in lieu of or in addition to their score.

Message 9 of 10
virgo
Established Contributor

Sent

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.