cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do approach this situation? Dispute? Do I have grounds to stand on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do approach this situation? Dispute? Do I have grounds to stand on?

Hey Everyone! Well, first of all I want to say that I really enjoy this forum! Great people and very helpful. So here is my situation. I have a mortgage through bank of america and in october called and asked for a payment plan to help with my october payment. They said yes. They never mentioned that it was still going to affect my credit. They even sent a letter that said if I did pay according to my payment plan, that it will not affect my credit. So, november comes along and I get an update that my credit has changed. I look, and it is bank of America stating that I am 30 days late (I had a 80 20 loan so I was late for 2 payments) and it dropped my score from a 654 to a 536. Yes 118 points! Do I have grounds to dispute this in any way? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do approach this situation? Dispute? Do I have grounds to stand on?

If you kept to the agreement- you need to call them and ask them to fix it.

recent lates on a mortgage is a score killer-

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey Everyone! Well, first of all I want to say that I really enjoy this forum! Great people and very helpful. So here is my situation. I have a mortgage through bank of america and in october called and asked for a payment plan to help with my october payment. They said yes. They never mentioned that it was still going to affect my credit. They even sent a letter that said if I did pay according to my payment plan, that it will not affect my credit. So, november comes along and I get an update that my credit has changed. I look, and it is bank of America stating that I am 30 days late (I had a 80 20 loan so I was late for 2 payments) and it dropped my score from a 654 to a 536. Yes 118 points! Do I have grounds to dispute this in any way? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is, is that I have called and asked them to fix it. But they will not. Do I have any ground for a dispute? If you would like, I have a 2 page letter that explains all of the stuff that I went through to get this ff of my credit.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a letter with a copy of the agreement to the CEO's offce (more specifically his assistant).... in you letter very nicely explain that you feel they are violatiing the agreement and that all you are asking for is for them to live up to their part of the agreement.

Failing them fixing it - a breach of contract suit....
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! I will do just that!

Does it matter if I send this CMRRR or should I just do it with a normal stamp and letter?

Also, should I really address it to the CEO or the CEO assistant, becuase this is Bank of America.... Just curious...

Thanks so much!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMRRR definately

I would do the CEO's Office(if sent to CEO the assistant will handle it anyway) and the VP of Consumer Relations and the Head Legal guy/gal....spread the responsibility and someone will step up to the plate
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! I will do just that!
Thanks for the info and hopefully I can get this removed. I will update with any info I get.

Thanks again! You are both awesome!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have a certain amount of time to respond to this situation? Is it one of those matters where if there is no response on 30 days it will automatically be removed?

Or is it up to their discretion to respond...

Thanks!
Message 8 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Grey area as they are reporting inaccurately... but IMHO they are under no timeline.

However, as long as this continues they are liable for damages and breach of contract... as of day 1 of this error so it is in their best interest to fix the mistake before you sue.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes perfect sense.

So as a note of application, when should I begin to pester and re-writing and calling etc.?

Or is that grey as well...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.