cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do the credit bureaus verify debt?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: How do the credit bureaus verify debt?

I am appalled. I honestly don't even know what to say about this.

Its bad enough I am dealing with identity theft, but now I know that both the creditors/collection agencies and the bureaus don't care at all.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
Yes, I have tried to have an address deleted that is so inaccurate it's funny. But they keep telling me it was given to them by one of my creditors so it is a valid address. The thing that is funny is it is my daughter's name.

EX has my name for an address as well. Not to mention a ton of addresses I doubt I have ever been to, even if they existed. Their whole lack of removing such obvious error's is amazing.

Message 12 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
I guess that is why they created the FCRA.

Yes, but this is all post-FCRA.  The testimony claims that the FCRA is routinely ignored by the big 3, particularly during the dispute process.

Message 14 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Oh, I did not read the link. Well, that is why they created law suits. And tylenol.
Message 15 of 17
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Someone needs to write a virus that will destroy all of the credit bureaus databases. heh
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 16 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I was kinda hoping when it turned 2000 and they thought all the computers would crash or whatever they would lose all their information. But it didn't. They probably have everything saved on disks anyway.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.