oncidium

How do we unfreeze Equifax?

My DH's reports are frozen and we want to just unfreeze EQ.  Their site said to send in a letter with the confirmation number, two copies of ID.  I mailed it in TWICE and they kept on sending back a generic letter telling us how to unfreeze the account.  Has anyone have experience with this?  Freezing was easy but unfreezing is pretty hard so far.  On top of that, they cashed the $10 check I send last time.
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do we unfreeze Equifax?

Send a copy of the check you sent and they cashed, along with a copy of their letter, copy of your information and include a cover page that says in big, bold letters......I AM REQUESTING THE FREEZE TO BE PERMANENTLY LIFTED

Then below that I would explain that you have sent the information to lift the freeze twice and keep getting that generic letter back about how to lift it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Member
tilde

Exact same thing happened to me. Even the followup letter as Sidewinder described didn't work.

I ended up calling them directly, provided the freeze pin number, explained what was happening, and the person lifted the permanent freeze immediately. Two months went by until I finally tried calling. 1-888-298-0045.

Should have called first.

Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

[ Edited ]

Equifax can supply you with two PIN's the first PIN is the one that identifies you to Equifax. They can give a second PIN which will be four digits in length. This PIN is for lenders to use when they pull your credit report. Call Equifax and ask for that second PIN. This way you can keep your credit report frozen if you desire

Message Edited by AndySoCal on 04-29-2009 07:37 PM
Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+